Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been messing with the script...  (Read 5193 times)

kaitou

• Coppermine newbie
Been messing with the script...
« on: December 19, 2003, 05:51:45 pm »

so figured i'd show off what i have so far  :)

http://www.animegalleries.net

I'm basicaly modifying the water_drop skin there, but had to change the main page display drasticaly, because I wanted to leave some albums there, but the default way was taking too much time to load and was taking up too much space. Also lots of other tiny hacks behind the scenes, all listboxes now have "category - albumname" and are alphabeticaly sorted (makes it *much* easier for batch add, upload, and the like) Also all categories on the main page are forced into alphabetical order, except for the member galleries one, thats pushed to the bottom, with an hr on top of it, and a different icon. Thats mainly because I was/am lazy and didn't want to manually move them into that order.  :D
going to be doing a ton more hacking, but meanwhile, how does it look?
(http://www.tuxedomask.com/sig/sigbox.jpg)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 06:01:31 pm »

great theming, nice implemenation as far as I can see.
I'd go for one thumbnail column less, ass the current layout isn't displayed properly with 1024*768 (horizontal scroll bar). Also, the page loads painfully slow, although I'm on a broadband connection - this leads to 2 conclusions: either you're self-hosted or you're located in asia (my ISP has backbone probs with asian domains...).

I'd really love to see you share some of your hacks (e.g. cat/alb dropdowns) - could you (just some "replace x by y" commands will do)?

Thanks

GauGau

kaitou

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 06:20:31 pm »

heh ty..
actualy the hosting is neither, it's in texas, but our bw gets capped at random times, slowing things down. Also the generation of two columns is visible, which it probly shouldn't be, but thats because coppermine prints things out as they are skinned, instead of caching it till a section is done, then printing it.
The cat/album dropdown bit is doable, i just have to check all the places where i had to edit it :)
I switched from 4images, which had horrid forum integration, but i liked it's overall main layout, so I figured i'd get something of that nature, and while i am at it, fix the things that annoyed me with the 4images layout as well.
(http://www.tuxedomask.com/sig/sigbox.jpg)

kpratte

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 04:05:13 am »

Also lots of other tiny hacks behind the scenes, all listboxes now have "category - albumname" and are alphabeticaly sorted (makes it *much* easier for batch add, upload, and the like)

Sounds like what I did to searchnew.php

I changed one line:
        $result = db_query("SELECT DISTINCT a.aid as aid, a.title as title, c.name as cname FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_ALBUMS']} as a, {$CONFIG['TABLE_CATEGORIES']} as c WHERE a.category = c.cid AND a.category < '" . FIRST_USER_CAT . "' ORDER BY category");

It was ORDER BY title.  Since all albums are grouped by category it only made sense to change the order, plus it was way easier to find albums. ;)

I also added a hack to the display_dir_tree to ignore the Frontpage extension crap..  
if (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && $file != "." && $file != ".." && $file != "_vti_cnf")

- Ken

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 12:04:22 pm »

Very nice, but I agree with gaugau.  It would look better with the 'columns in thumbnail page' reduced to 4, as with 5 the page is too wide for lower screen size settings. :wink:
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.