Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug? Permissions get messed up after bridging to SMF  (Read 3889 times)

shinji

• Coppermine newbie
Bug? Permissions get messed up after bridging to SMF
« on: December 31, 2005, 10:24:30 pm »

This is actually for any SMF version when using Post-based permissions on a clean install.  The SMF install has only one user (the admin user created during setup) and the same goes for CPG.  When I do the bridge with either 1.0.5, 1.1 RC1, or 1.1 RC2 (yes it does work on that version) the permissions get all messed up.  In such a way that Guests are allowed to upload without the need for approval!  I pretty much fixed this for my live website (which isn't actually live yet) but should be looked into.

Oh and when not using Post-based permissions there is no way to moderate posts that are submitted.  Even setting yes to both "Approve" option doesn't work for user created galleries although it does affect the regular public (non-user created) ones.

See attached image.  This is what it looks like right after bridging to SMF and using Post-based permissions.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 02:32:21 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Bug? Permissions get messed up after bridging to SMF
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 10:31:45 pm »

You need to re-do the groups page after bridging, this is mentioned in the documentation.  If you have found a bug with permissions please post it seperately so it can be dealt with properly.

shinji

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Bug? Permissions get messed up after bridging to SMF
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 10:41:31 pm »

You need to re-do the groups page after bridging, this is mentioned in the documentation.  If you have found a bug with permissions please post it seperately so it can be dealt with properly.

Ahh... Thansk.  I didn't actually see that in the docs.  Must of overlooked that.  I wasn't sure if it was a bug so I put a question mark in the subject.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.