Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Report to Admin - strange bug  (Read 5003 times)

panwac

• Coppermine regular visitor
Report to Admin - strange bug
« on: December 31, 2005, 02:46:22 pm »

I found strange bug in reports created by report_file.php - error is only visible, when submitter writes data himself in NAME or EMAIL textboxes (when user haven't got e-mail address in his account and writes it in form textbox whitout changing own username, an effect is the same).
So, in mails recieved from CPG there are incorect values in positions: FROM and TITLE-SUBJECT (and small problem with formatiing in message area - I think, the reason of that should be the same).

In mail in FROM position there is text, eg.:
Code: [Select]
<input type="text" class="textinput" value="panwac"name="panwac" style="width: 100%;" /> [my_mail@domain.pl]
In SUBJECT position there is info like this:
Code: [Select]
A report from <input type="text" class="textinput" value="panwac" name="panwac" style="width: 100%;" /> on a gallery file
When a report is created by a user having e-mail address in his account (script takes a data from database), everything is O.K.

Peter
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:33:09 pm by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Report to Admin - strange bug
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:26:18 pm »

Oh, ok. I was able to replicate this as an anonymous user who fills in the email address field. Thank you for the more detailed instructions on how to duplicate this. I'm not sure where to fix this so hopefully someone can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.