Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub-categories in table form?  (Read 3046 times)

MM

• Coppermine newbie
Sub-categories in table form?
« on: December 28, 2005, 04:55:14 am »

I am managing a photo album with a short list of main categories (e.g. portrait, landscape, expo, etc....), and under each categories, there are a long list of sub-categories (e.g. model-A, model-B, etc under portrait). And there are some albums within each sub-categories (e.g. Model-A).
I found that the list of sub-categories will make a page very long and in particular if you let coppermine to display more than one level under the categories.

I would like to see an option to display the sub-categories in a table form just like in the album view, that should make the page look much more concise and the viewer no need to pull down the long page to look for the categories.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Sub-categories in table form?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 08:11:10 am »

why do you have a sub-category "model-a" that contains onl ythe album "model-a"? That's nonsense. Move the album "model-a" leve l up in the category tree and then delete the surplus sub-category.

MM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 06:39:40 am »

May be my english is poor and cannot make it clear
It is because there will be like 100 models and under each model there will be 5+ albums. All the models will be a sub-catergory by themselve. And I try to group these sub-categories into a category that is 'portrait'. There will be other kind of portrait so i will group them into some other categories too.

When there are many categories, coppermine will display each categories in one row and it will make the page far too long. Therefore I will like to have an option to group categories into tables, with multiple rows and columns. And even better, have an option to choice under each categories whether itself will be display as a row or render in a table form just like displaying album.

Main               1st lvl Sub-Cat        2nd lvl Sub-Cat    albums
Portrait         - Model -                  Model-A             Model-A-Album1
                                                                         Model-A-Album2
                                                                         Model-A-Album3
                                                                                   .
                                                                                   .
                                                 Model-B             Model-B-Album1
                                                                         Model-B-Album2
                                                                                   .
                                                 Model-C
                                                 Model-ZZ
Portrait          - expo -                                           expo1
                                                                          expo2

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 07:30:49 am »

well, then display less details on the index page. Not sure what else to suggest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.