Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Galeries are not Shown under Category "User Galeries"  (Read 5499 times)

JamesChip

• Coppermine newbie
User Galeries are not Shown under Category "User Galeries"
« on: December 30, 2005, 11:04:12 am »

I installed pcg 143 and tried to test it with several testusers. Now I have the following problem:

If the rights of a user galery are set to "public" I thought that other users should see the galery under the category "User Galeries/<User Name>". But only for the users of the Administrators goup the category "User Galeries" is non-empty. Normal "Registered" users just see an empt category. Not event their own galeries are shown in this category.
Only by manually setting the category number in the URL a registered user can access other user galeries. For example by manually setting index.php?cat=10002 a registerd user can access the galery of another user whos category number is 10002. So it doesn't look like a problem of having set wrong user rights.

Maybe I also have to mention that the thestgaleries of my testusers are still empty because I have some problems with the PHP Safe Mode restrictions of my provider.

My question is: Where is the switch I have to toggle in order to get rid of this problem (not the Safe Mode problem)?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: User Galeries are not Shown under Category "User Galeries"
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 11:14:30 am »

the user albums will be visible as soon as you upload pics to them. Fix your upload issue first, then fix permissions.

Nibbler

JamesChip

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 07:54:50 pm »

My provider just disabled PHP Safe Mode and as administrator I'm now able to upload pictures. But the problem remains the same. Additianaly I noticed that users in the group "Registered" have no possibility to upload pictures (there is no button "upload" or something like that), even though they are allowed to have a personal album and therefore must be able to upload pictures.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

JamesChip

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 10:31:19 am »

Now I it works: users can upload albums and upload files to them. I set the group rights as follows:

Upload to public albums: yes
Users can have personal galery: yes

In the configurations tab I set the option "albums can be private" to "no". Now users can upload files to their user albums and nothing more.

The hole user and access rights management seems not to be very intuitive. For instance setting the group rights to

Upload to public albums: no
Users can have personal galery: yes

users can have a galery but there is no way to upload files. My understanding of a personal galery is that the owner of the gallery can upload files no mather if he has the right to upload into public albums or not.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 10:41:15 am »

Hmmm, in 1.3 the option was named 'Can upload files' and in 1.4 it is renamed 'Public albums upload' although the functionality of the option remained the same. So you do need to enable 'Public albums upload' to allow uploads into personal galleries.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 10:50:05 am by Nibbler »

JamesChip

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 11:35:52 am »

Hmmm, in 1.3 the option was named 'Can upload files' and in 1.4 it is renamed 'Public albums upload' although the functionality of the option remained the same. So you do need to enable 'Public albums upload' to allow uploads into personal galleries.

Maybe one should think about renaming it to "Can upload files". Nevertheless the combination of having a user galery but not beeing allowed to upload pictures makes no sense.

I also discovered the solution for my initial problem: If "Albums can be private" is set to "yes" and just one user sets the rights of his album not to public the category "User galeries" remains empty, that is all users who have set their albums to public are not listed in this category. Maybe I made something wrong but I think it is a bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.