Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOD: Email Notification to members on Comment (UPDATED 12-29-05)  (Read 63059 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: MOD: Email Notification to members on Comment (UPDATED 12-29-05)
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2008, 03:21:54 am »

Have I upset you?
Yes. You encourage others to downgrade with your incorrect assumptions. That's not what I would expect from someone with your skill level. It's damaging the reputation of the app. You drew the false conclusions. Please keep the downgrade discussion you started to the threads that you already posted in about your downgrade suggestions.

Halfhidden

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2008, 04:54:23 am »

I applaud your honesty. I think that this is not the place to play this out. This is after all a support forum. Allow me to explain that I did indeed have problems with the upgrade. Nothing worked as it should after the install... I have installed many upgrades before to know what I'm doing. Although I may well have concluded prematurely that the upgrade was to blame for all that went wrong, and for that I apologise. I have since moved the site and installed Coppermine on a fresh install of 1.4.18 and then re-introduced the mods and plugins... finally bridging the phpbb3 and Coppermine. You'll be happy to learn that everything works well. I now have to create the name servers and replace the old public gallery that is running live.
I've been an administrator myself for many years and understand your statue. May I suggest that you strike my comments from the forum if you think that genuine damage will be caused by them, I certainly wouldn't be offended if you did.... after all that is administration. I have no wish to make enemies of anyone who supports Coppermine! least of all you. Perhaps we should put this to one side and move on?
As I said at the beginning, this is a support forum so I think that after you have read this message it should be removed.

dwo

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2008, 08:13:40 pm »

Is it right, that with this mod, you only get emails to comments of your own pics?

So you can not subscribe to other pics comments?

Is stramms mod better if I want such a functionality, too? http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,20688.0.html

Thank you.

Thanks.

seanbluekey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2008, 03:01:32 am »

Okay, well. I want to send email to alllll my registered members. I don't want it based on commenting, just a simple email to all my members!

Kind Regards, Sean.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.