Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need to install 1.4 and then use 1.3 backup to create the new/old gallery  (Read 7443 times)

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com

i messed up quite a few things on my way to upgrade...
so i need instructions for the following
1) new install of 1.42 (i am having problems here already - the install procedure results in a

mySQL Error: Table 'cpg142_albums' already exists on query ' CREATE TABLE cpg142_albums ( aid int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', description text NOT NULL, visibility int(11) NOT NULL default '0', uploads enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'NO', comments enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'YES', votes enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'YES', pos int(11) NOT NULL default '0', category int(11) NOT NULL default '0', pic_count int(11) NOT NULL default '0', thumb int(11) NOT NULL default '0', last_addition datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', stat_uptodate enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'NO', keyword VARCHAR( 50 ), PRIMARY KEY (aid), KEY alb_category (category) ) TYPE=MyISAM'

- i am using a newly created databes, but there seems to be a conflict somewhere...

2) migrate my back-up data properly, so the album will work again.

3) i am majorly stressed  :'( , but from my other gallery i know it is worth going through the trouble, because 1.42 is awesome!!
ciao from italy
r

« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 05:44:27 pm by Nibbler »
a shot says more than a thousand words...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: need to install 1.4 and then use 1.3 backup to create the new/old gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 01:42:02 pm »

chose another table-prefix during install if you must do a fresh install. however I recommend doing as suggested and performing and upgrade instead of a fresh install.

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 04:33:01 pm »

ok... i decided to go that way... but with a mixed result  :(
these are the messages i received.
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mhd-01/www.renatavonline.com/htdocs/gallery/update.php on line 47
Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mhd-01/www.renatavonline.com/htdocs/gallery/update.php on line 50
Upgrade completed
 The Versioncheck gave me this (for me cryptic) message
Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /home/mhd-01/www.renatavonline.com/htdocs/gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 96
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

http://www.renatavonline.com/gallery/ is my site, by the way. the picture show fine in my weblog where they are mirrored, so something is there. tricks to get in through admin fail as the passwords do not work.
sigh!!!
hope to get the rescuing straw...

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 04:53:41 pm »

It's because the information in include/config.inc.php is incorrect, probably the table prefix. You get the error in update.php because the script is trying to update your gallery but cannot access the db in order to do so.

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 06:09:54 pm »

checked the config/incl.php, but no better luck here. <+++ with 10 refreshers it worked!!
any other suggestions from your magic toolbox?
still hopeful
renata
ps the include /config file i replace with one that i found in an older back-up it worked !!!
just now there is this message on s http://www.renatavonline.com/gallery/versioncheck.php which says - You don't have permission to access this page. ,and the gallery index is not exactly kind either with Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_meta_album_set() in /home/mhd-01/www.renatavonline.com/htdocs/gallery/index.php on line 748
what do i have to improve here?
renata (grateful!!!)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 06:17:54 pm by renatab »

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 06:25:35 pm »

Make sure all your files are the 1.4 versions. Some of them ceratinly aren't such as init.inc.php

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 06:47:18 pm »

yep. some files really are not the new ones- and i coudl swear that i did the right thing.
all is looking more civilised now - just i cannot log in. to be on the safe side i ran the script that reveals the login and password (what a great thing!!!!), but with no results (other than being locked out for now).
which file would need my fine touch (like the rock in the phantastic 4, it seems right now)?
 :D hopeful and humble
r

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 07:07:18 pm »

I ran the update.php script so see if that helps with the login issue. It seems your gallery root has an index.html from the album folder. You should remove that because it is making the gallery folder redirect to your home page. You should have an index.php remaining. When I access it, I don't get redirected.

Did you extract the compressed file that contained the coppermine files, or did you just double-clicked to open, and saw a bunch of files with no folders?

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 10:49:50 pm »

i deleted the index.html file.
i extracted the downloaded files properly.
still cannot log in- the file which "recognizes" the login / pw must be somehow unaccessible- as i cannot get anything done with asking for pw through the e-mail address i put in- that one alos does not get recognized...
any access data that would help you see more of my dilemma?
renata

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 11:55:43 pm »

Check the config table manually in phpmyadmin and make sure that password encryption is set correctly.

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 10:54:39 am »

ok- i am have been in my php admin, but unfortunately i am not sure what i am looking for there. i found the config table.. and there inspiration left me, as this is an area where i am not very literate.
all advice welcome- as it seems i am getting closer to the target...thx!!
to be more precise...
this is what i found so far as a my phptable / file that has to do with pw...
 enable_encrypted_passwords 1 with value smtp_password .. is that it??
 ???
i hope this is not  :P too cheeky, but could someone have a look at the table? i have been swimming through code for most of the last 2 days, and still no result... for sure the user / passord are there in the users...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 10:24:56 am by renatab »

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 03:55:06 pm »

should this be moved to another forum as it really deals with a different issue now? i am, however, tempted to do a fresh install as not being able to log in and all the hours of ftp, cpanel etc really are getting me  :'( .

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 04:30:04 pm »

Change the value of enable_encrypted_passwords to 0

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 05:43:49 pm »

:-*
i finally did it.
i guess the good thing is that i now have 1.4.3 (i hoped this would do the trick), i had a pretty good look ad phpadmin (the abyss), and now i only got to find where the old visit-counter went and work on the theme. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
renata
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.