Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After upgrading, login doesn't actually login...?  (Read 4547 times)

savage

• Coppermine newbie
After upgrading, login doesn't actually login...?
« on: December 27, 2005, 07:24:21 am »

Hokay. I've spent the last 2 hours combing through the forums to see if I could find an answer to the problem I'm having, with no luck. So here goes:

Used Fantastico to upgrade CPG to 1.4.2 because, until it didn't work, I had no idea that it wouldn't work. Got the "Fatal Error:" thing. Went back and restored the 1.3.5 installation, searched the site here, discovered how easy it is to manually upgrade and did so. Hunky dorey.

I upgraded several installations of CPG (on several different sites) on my dedicated server and am only having problems with one: http://www.spookyart.net/gallery/

When I login, it says "Welcome, (name)", then when I click "Continue" it kicks me back out to http://www.spookyart.net/gallery/index.php, and I'm not actually logged in.

Also, on the login page, I have the message "Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies". I only get this message on this particular install; other galleries on the same server have no problem.

I did a search on "Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies" and "cookies" on this forum and tried the various solutions offered for all the similar-but-not-quite-the-same problems others have had: No luck.

I've tried logging in from various computers - no luck.

I've cleared browser cache & cookies. No luck.

So it's not my browser. It's not my server or PHP. I've made sure I'm loggin into the 1.4.2 Classic Theme using my original installation username and password, as recommended numerous times in other threads. Still no luck.

This copy of CPG is not bridged - it's a standalone.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I'd create a test account so somebody could login and poke around, but obviously that's not an option.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 04:49:23 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: After upgrading, login doesn't actually login...?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 07:33:28 am »

please go ahead and create a non-admin test user account and post it here.

savage

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 09:20:42 am »

Given that I can't successfully log in, how would I go about doing that...?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 09:35:55 am »

If you hadn't disabled registrations, you could have gone through the registration to create a username. Since you can't log in to change that config, you'd have to use something like phpmyadmin to edit the database manually. While you're there, you should also enable debug mode: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=18281.msg84483#msg84483

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 09:54:44 am »

Remove the blank line at the end of your include/config.inc.php

savage

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 04:38:38 pm »

Remove the blank line at the end of your include/config.inc.php

Well, for cryin' out loud. That did the trick. Thanks, Nibbler!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.