Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Join all picture comments into the caption field  (Read 2900 times)

Malm_Vogn

• Coppermine newbie
Join all picture comments into the caption field
« on: December 27, 2005, 05:25:46 am »

Hi

I am a newbie in the forum, but have run two larger Coppermine photo galleries for a year. One of those is a municipal collection of older photos from our city. We "publish" 50-100 photos every month and get an ever increacing numer of registred users to comment on the images; what,where, who, why and so on. What we now have is pictures with empty caption field and 10-15 comments. I wish there was a tool, both on individual picture level, but also on the gallery level, which copied/moved all comments and username of the commenter, into the caption field. The comments and sources would then be searcable, and could be integratede into the picture before moving it to our permanent database.

Maybe I live to see... ;-) ;-)

Terje in Narvik, Norway
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 07:15:09 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Join all picture comments into the caption field
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 07:14:55 am »

I don't think that such a feature would be helpful for a lot of users, so we don't consider putting this into coppermine's core code.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.