Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do i upload the pic larger than 1024 pix ?  (Read 8534 times)

mooli_deejay1

• Coppermine newbie
How do i upload the pic larger than 1024 pix ?
« on: December 21, 2005, 12:45:19 pm »

hi
how can i upload pictures larger than 1024 pix ?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 10:26:58 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: How do i upload the pic larger than 1024 pix ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 02:31:46 pm »

What's stopping you ?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 02:40:30 pm »

You should try reading the manual.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

mooli_deejay1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 11:59:43 pm »

i have problem with my larg pic's , i upload my pic's in a folder in the album\useralbum and then i batch add pic's but my larg pic's not add in the album i want , but other pi's go tp that album  :-[ .
i don't know why?

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 04:17:35 am »

mooli,

What is the maximum file size upload allowed by your webhosting service?

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

viperben1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 05:54:36 am »

make sure in your config settings that the max size of uploads is set up correctly. this could be stopping the files being uploaded!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

mooli_deejay1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 11:16:18 am »

i set the  (Files and thumbnails settings =>  Max size for uploaded files (KB) = 51200 , Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels) = 7168 )
but when i upload my pic's , many pic's are upload but 2pic's not upload  ??? , i see this error :
(( Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, support@netfirms.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. ))

these pic's resolution is : width 1027 pix and height 1200 pix , and other pic is : 1068 x 1200 .
i can't put these files to the album  :( .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 01:02:59 pm »

did you read the page I refered to? Obviously not. There are several server settings that interfere with the max resolution and file size. Setting up a large value in coppermine is only wishfull thinking if your server doesn't support it. Please do as suggested now and read the thread I refered to very carefully.

mooli_deejay1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 09:29:43 am »

i read your link ( http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.0 ) but i didn't find anything can help me , i don't recieve any error in php , i recieve the enternal server error and when i try to  upload by xp_publisher , pic's upload and then i recieve the error :(the wizard encountered a problem with copying the files ) , i couldn't fid any help about this error in your page you offerd to me  ??? .
and my FTP server doesn't has a limit about upload the larg files .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 12:03:56 pm »

That's expected behaviour - if you overload your server, you won't get any nice-looking clear-text error message, but just a generic "internal server error". The file-size you're allowed to upload by FTP doesn't matter at all in this case.
Let me explain this once more (even though this is being explained on the thread I refered to already): to resize pics, the image library used by coppermine needs memory (RAM) - the larger the dimensions, the more RAM is being consumed. On a webserver, your script has a pre-configured amount of RAM assigned to it - this is done by your webhost (or the person who administers your server) using entries in php.ini. When webhosted, you usually can't change this. If the script works fine with certain pic dimensions and crashes with higher resolutions, then you simply can't add those pics with higher resolutions.
If you don't like this, ask your webhost to fix this for you (but they probably won't, as they want to earn money with their webserver) or go for another webhosting plan that offers more RAM (usually more expensive).
There's no reason to keep whining here, as there's nothing we could do: those issues you're having are server-sided, not coppermine-related.

mooli_deejay1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 10:01:28 pm »

i sent the email to my webhosting supporter team and told them about the (php.ini) and my problem with upload the pic with 1200x1600pix but they told me , our other clients use it and they can upload the pic with 1200x1600pix and they don't have any problem and they told me , you must fix your php script , and i remove that script and install the older version of that (cpg 1.2) and i could upload the pic's with 1200x1600pix without any problem  :o , and then i install the new version of cpg (cpg 1.42) and try again  to upload the larg pic , but i couldn't again  ??? .
i don't know why ? , i'm so confused ??? .
pls help me out .

tnx...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 01:01:07 pm »

that's bullsh** - what they told you is just wrong. Like I said: they won't change php.ini settings for you, you'll have to live with what you have now.

mooli_deejay1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 09:07:49 pm »

hi
my webhost has a good supporter and they solved my problem .
they told me change my (Method for resizing images) in config , from GD to Image Magic , and then i set that in my config and now i can even upload pic's with 3200 pix  ;D .
but now i have a new problem  :( , i'm useing the xp_publisher for upload pic's and upload pic's but when all of pic's upload are done and i click the finish i can't find my pic's in the album  :o , i didn't recieve any error in upload  , what happened to the pic's  ??? ??
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 10:17:59 pm by mooli_deejay1 »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2005, 06:56:53 am »

One question per thread.  Why don't you try searching for xp_publisher?  There's already a thread for it with a fix posted.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2005, 10:26:47 am »

marking thread as solved and locking it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.