Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Main menu not showing up  (Read 5252 times)

Reema

• Coppermine newbie
Main menu not showing up
« on: December 25, 2005, 06:27:54 am »

Hi, I'm having a problem with my main menu.  It works fine on the classic theme, but I wanted to use the water drop theme.  I've configured my style.css page, but when I uploaded the template.html page after modifying it, I end up with this:

http://www.zayedkhan.net/gallery

It simply shows {MAIN_MENU} instead of showing the actual menu.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I looked at the template.html file from the classic theme already, but I can't see where there's a problem.  I even tried taking a template.html file from another site where I use this same gallery, where the main menu was working, but that didn't solve the problem either.  I can copy and paste the contents of my files if needed.

Thanks

Reema

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Main menu not showing up
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 06:38:14 am »

You're using a 1.3x theme with a 1.4 installation. 1.4 no longer uses MAIN_MENU. Try starting with the 1.4 water drop theme.

Reema

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 04:45:48 pm »

I installed my menu through Fantastico scripts, so I have no idea how to make it a 1.4 water drop theme.  How do I change it?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 06:24:55 pm »

Download and extract the script from the Downloads link at the top of the page.

Reema

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 09:00:38 pm »

Ok, I feel like I'm missing something, but I went to Downloads at the top of the page, and under 1.4 themes, but don't see one for water drop.

One more thing, when I installed Coppermine, it said I was installing version 1.4.2, and it still says that is what I have installed.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3500/coppermine7sl.jpg

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 09:19:53 pm »

Download the full installation package, extract, and check out the themes folder. But if the theme is not updated, you might have other issues since Fantastico has shown to have them. So read the manual for how to do an upgrade.

We can't always provide support for Fantastico installations since we don't know what they did to the code.

Reema

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 09:57:42 pm »

Ok, I'll try that out.  Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.