Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error in index.php  (Read 11804 times)

Timofey

• Coppermine newbie
    • Официальный сайт группы П&#1072
Fatal error in index.php
« on: December 24, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »

board version: 1.4.2
bridged with: phpBB 2.0.8
Server: apache

The problem: I cannot view the Coppermine Gallery unless I am logged in. Otherwise I get the following message: "Fatal Error : " and nothing else! The debug is on. When a user is logged in, than everything works as it should.

Here is the address: http://pasportov.net/album/
and here is the account you can use
Login: zloy
pwd.: gthtdjl
To log in, visit http://pasportov.net/phpBB/ and enter the login and pwd at the bottom of the page
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 08:14:42 pm by Timofey »
Im not really a speed poster. I just need some support.

Nibbler

Re: Fatal error in index.php
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 03:53:16 pm »

Update to the latest udb_base.inc.php and phpbb.inc.php from CVS.

Timofey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 10:47:59 am »

It seems to work. Thank you. The previous versions didnt work.

Timofey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 02:16:02 pm »

Sorry, in fact, it turned out, it hadn't worked...

And MERRY CHRISTMAS, brothers!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 08:07:12 pm by Timofey »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 09:22:58 am »

what exactly goes wrong?

Timofey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 12:43:09 am »

The point is that when I, or any other user from any other computer, am not logged in, when I address the index page of the Coppermine Gallery, I get an empty white page with the words "Fatal Error(space):" (or here is the full HTML code of the page
Code: [Select]
Fatal error :<br />). And there are no other comments as to what seems to be the trouble. However, if a user is logged in in the phpBB board, everything works quite alright. And if you logout after having been logged in, it works as it should for a little while. Well, I would like it to work (i mean to show what it should show to guests), even if the user is not logged in.
Thank you in advance.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 12:51:20 am »

I was able to access the index file and random images in Firefox and IE while logged out and in without seeing the error.

Timofey

• Coppermine newbie
    • &#1054;&#1092;&#1080;&#1094;&#1080;&#1072;&#1083;&#1100;&#1085;&#1099;&#1081; &#1089;&#1072;&#1081;&#1090; &#1075;&#1088;&#1091;&#1087;&#1087;&#1099; &#1055;&#1072
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 02:14:13 am »

Well, what could be the cause then? Why do I and my friends who know about the gallery DO get the error message? If it happens randomly, then what patterns does it follow, so to speak? You know, I hate it when you have to apply to a service center with a broken, say, tvset, and it appears to work when they test it, and it doesn't when you take it back home. This seems to be a similar case. Could you test it a bit more? Could you, for example, open the page, then, if it does work, close the brouser window and type in the address in a new brouser window? You see, we wanted to launch it before the New Year, but nothing comes of it.
And there is another addition to the symptoms. When you open the phpBB in a separate window and log in there, and then refresh the page with the CG (with the error message in it), it still keeps the message alert, but when you follow a link from the phpBB board, it works fine. And even if you type the address in a separate window, it still works...
And here is another addition: THIS IS THE PATTERN: the CG gives out the error message when you try to access it, unlogged, after any page on the site. For example, try to open http://pasportov.net/ , and then add 'album/' in the address bar. Then, i hope, you will see what i mean.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 02:30:27 am by Timofey »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 02:30:42 am »

Everything works perfectly for me as well in both IE and Firefox.  After you updated your files, did you clear your browser's cache and delete your site's cookies?

This could also be related to where you are located, your ISP, or a particular setup on your computer(s).  You should also try using English in Coppermine and see if the problem persists.  Also try using the default, classic theme instead of yours.  Make sure to do each step separately - it makes it easier to determine what is causing the issue.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 03:06:43 am »

Well, what could be the cause then? Why do I and my friends who know about the gallery DO get the error message? If it happens randomly, then what patterns does it follow, so to speak? You know, I hate it when you have to apply to a service center with a broken, say, tvset, and it appears to work when they test it, and it doesn't when you take it back home. This seems to be a similar case. Could you test it a bit more? Could you, for example, open the page, then, if it does work, close the brouser window and type in the address in a new brouser window? You see, we wanted to launch it before the New Year, but nothing comes of it.
And there is another addition to the symptoms. When you open the phpBB in a separate window and log in there, and then refresh the page with the CG (with the error message in it), it still keeps the message alert, but when you follow a link from the phpBB board, it works fine. And even if you type the address in a separate window, it still works...
And here is another addition: THIS IS THE PATTERN: the CG gives out the error message when you try to access it, unlogged, after any page on the site. For example, try to open http://pasportov.net/ , and then add 'album/' in the address bar. Then, i hope, you will see what i mean.
It's uncalled for to lash out at us. This is not a common issue. If you noticed, there were several permutations of tests that I had done. That's more time and effort than the majority of galleries I've had to look at. You expect us to have the same time as you to devote to your gallery... to check several times for what appears to be an erratic issue? If there were steps to replicate the issue, you should have listed them. We're not mindreaders.

Anyway, I now get the Fatal error message in both browsers. Considering your ungratefulness, that's the extent of the testing that I will do. Bye.

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 03:35:15 am »

Are you sure that you are running the latest versions from CVS? I seem to remember fixing this error already. It happens when you collect a cookie from the forum and return to the gallery without having logged in.

Timofey

• Coppermine newbie
    • &#1054;&#1092;&#1080;&#1094;&#1080;&#1072;&#1083;&#1100;&#1085;&#1099;&#1081; &#1089;&#1072;&#1081;&#1090; &#1075;&#1088;&#1091;&#1087;&#1087;&#1099; &#1055;&#1072
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 01:05:40 pm »

Anyway, I now get the Fatal error message in both browsers. Considering your ungratefulness, that's the extent of the testing that I will do. Bye.

Why ungratefulness? I just didn't see the posts, for when I tried deleting the cookies, it seemed to work properly. I am grateful, and I do understand, that there are thousands, if not millions, of the likes of me. So thank you for the support you render. And, please, tell me what the cause is, if you know it. :)

Are you sure that you are running the latest versions from CVS? I seem to remember fixing this error already. It happens when you collect a cookie from the forum and return to the gallery without having logged in.

Well, it looked like the latest version, when I downloaded a month and a half ago. I will check for the newer versions in the nearest future.

Again, thank you all for your support.

goon123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 08:15:45 pm »

I am another user who is experiencing this problem.  Just as Timofey described, occasionally I encounter a "Fatal Error:" (no other descriptive text) when I try to access the gallery without being logged into the BB.  I have bridged Coppermine 1.4.2 with phpBB2 2.0.19.

I installed both Coppermine and phpBB2 using the Fantastico auto-installation tool offered by my host provider.  (In other words, I did not download Coppermine directly from the source repository.  Rather, I installed the version known to Fantastico.)  Could it be that I need to update one or more source files to fix this problem?  If so, which files need to be updated and from where should I download them?

One other issue I have had:  after the bridge, when I try to administer "Users" in Coppermine I receive the message, "There was an error while processing a database query."  Is this a 'normal' error message considering I have bridged to my BB's database for user information?  Can I safely ignore it or should I implement a fix?

Thank you,
Goon.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 08:45:07 pm »

I have bridged Coppermine 1.4.2 with phpBB2 2.0.19.
[...]
I installed both Coppermine and phpBB2 using the Fantastico auto-installation tool offered by my host provider.
Yours is a different issue, please stay out of this thread. Fantastico installs are buggy and lag behind in version count. Upgrade to cpg1.4.3. If this doesn't solve your issue, start your own thread, doing as suggested in the sticky thread on this sub-board.

goon123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 11:21:06 pm »

GauGau, thank you for your advice, I followed it and my problem was solved.  (Uninstalled the Fantastico version, downloaded and installed the latest Coppermine release "manually".)  Bridging seems to have worked fine and I can administer the user list as well.

Thanks again,
Goon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.