Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Login!  (Read 5351 times)

DaS_ScHaF

• Coppermine newbie
Can't Login!
« on: December 24, 2005, 09:41:43 am »

Hi,
my Problem is that I can't login on a website with a fotogallery. I'm Member of the www.aquaristik-talk.de and there is also a Gallery from Coppermine to upload his fotos of his Fish and other Animals. In my opinion the User-DB from the Forum is the same of the Gallery, so you need only to login one time. But now the Problem, if I login in Forum and go to the Gallery to  upload a foto or to create my own Gallery I don't see the buttons like "adminmode" or "create / edit gallery". I tried everything, with FireFox, with normal IE and with Opera. All cookies are allowed but no effect. I don't see this buttons and can't create my Gallery to upload the fotos. Please help :(

Thanks a lot.
Alex

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't Login!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 01:43:35 pm »

it's up to the site owner of the page you refer to if he wants to allow you to have a personal gallery. The site admin determines this in coppermine's config. You better ask this question on the site you're refering to, as we have no idea how they set up coppermine or how they want it to be used. We're the creators of the application, not the site owners.

DaS_ScHaF

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 05:23:02 pm »

Hi,
the ppl in the forum mean that there are no requirements for creating a personal gallery and to upload photos. You only need the Forumaccount and then you can login to the Gallery and normally upload your photos and create your own gallery. I asked already in the forum, but no one knows an answer :(

Alex

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 05:33:35 pm »

then how are we suppossed to solve this issue - by remote administration using telepathy ::)?
I repeat: if the site owners have issues setting their gallery up, they should turn up here and ask their questions. This is not the place where end users of a gallery that is powered by coppermine should look for support, as coppermine is a very flexible product that allows a lot of different setups. Depending on the way the site owners have set up their gallery, upload methods for end-users can vary. Do as I suggested before: ask for support on the site you have issues with. If the site owners have questions, send them to this thread, telling them to post if they have questions on coppermine setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.