Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade ~ did not include previous pics  (Read 9888 times)

TexAcoon

• Coppermine novice
Upgrade ~ did not include previous pics
« on: December 24, 2005, 01:07:50 am »

Happy Holidays!

After I updated my CPG to the new 1.4,  all of my previous pics and vids did not pickup in the transfer.  Apparently I lost my previous setup (albums) and had to re-establish new albums.  My gallery block still works, but only sees the previous (old) pics or vids..

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 01:24:30 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Upgrade ~ did not include previous pics
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 02:03:59 am »

Please post a link to your gallery. Did you update following the instructions in the package ?

TexAcoon

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 04:27:08 am »

Hi Nibbler,

I am not sure about my gallery ..  please explain.

Guess I did mess up my original albums...  As per instructions, I should not have uploaded "albums" in the upgrade ...

Bummer....

Thanks ..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 01:29:37 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery.
I am not sure about my gallery ..  please explain.
Not sure if I understand your question: you're suppossed to reply to this thread, posting the url of the coppermine gallery you have issues with - something like http://mysite.tld/my_coppermine_folder/ (an actual link, not a dummy one).

TexAcoon

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 05:50:14 am »

Upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 and the old photos show in my gallery block on my portal (home page).  When "Clicked" they do not show up and listed as no longer in an album. However, the old images from 1.3 are still located  in the Album folder on my server.

Because they no longer are posted in my gallery (which I did wrong ~ should not have loaded the 1.4 Album folder)
My gallery block is posted at the Portal located at URL: http://www.amadistrictii.org

As a result of loading the "new" 1.4, to include the Album folder, must have messed up my original information.

I had to add new categories and albums. Coppermine is located at URL: http://www.amadistrictii.org/amad2/gallery/

Do I have to upload the images again?  Majority of these images and text were written and uploaded by members of my forum.

Along with this issue, I find the gallery block is not recognizing any of new uploaded images that I have on the portal (home) page.  Did my mod get messed up somewhere that may not be recognizing the latest images?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS from FULTON, MISSOURI, USA

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 06:06:29 am »

Uploading the 1.4 album folder shouldn't have overwritten the one in the 1.3 installation. Overwriting tends to occur to existing files/folders and doesn't make existing files disappear. I checked the path of the image in the portal home page and the image still exists in the album, like this one: http://www.amadistrictii.org/amad2/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/Lazy8WWI%20(Medium).jpg

What does the portal script look to to find images to display? It seems the recent files were uploaded by a different user than the "older" ones.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 07:45:59 am »

It looks like its e107 as the cms. and Wasn't there a customized version of cpg that was done for e107?

I would suspect that the new install may be looking at a different database prefix than what he was using. Perhaps if he fixes the prefix his old config will show up.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 10:48:35 am »

well, if the e107 port of cpg1.3.x was upgraded with the standalone package cpg1.4.2, this is bound to break things. That's why we're not too keen of ports.
@TexAcoon: can you confirm that your old install was an e107 port?

TexAcoon

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 08:09:40 am »

@TexAcoon: can you confirm that your old install was an e107 port?

Is there a file that would indicate this?  I would like to provide a copy of the code to help others.

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 10:07:12 am »

we don't know, as we don't know the e107 port. You should know what you installed, this isn't something that we could know.

TexAcoon

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 05:59:08 am »

GauGau ...

I have tried to find the e107 port and still lost ...  Not sure how to check this for you....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 07:20:31 am »

I don't need anything checked. The question is: do you run coppermine integrated into e107: yes or no? If yes, then you're stuck - you can't upgrade. If the answer is no, then upgrade as suggested in the docs.

TexAcoon

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 04:05:00 pm »

From what I see it falls under the e107. 

Should I delete the database and upload to the latest version?

I also have gallery block in-beded into my original files and know that something will go belly-up on the site if I was to delete the files on the server and database.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 04:13:43 pm »

You don't want to understand: if you're running the coppermine-port for e107 (and you say you do), then the answer to all your questions is: no, we haven't got the slightest idea what you need to do. You can't upgrade to cpg1.4.x, as there's no version ported for e107. We didn't create the e107 port, we're not fond of it. Ask the people who created the e107 port for support, not us. I have no idea about the gallery-block or anything else related to e107. If you can't get support from the author of the e107-port, then you're lost.

Should I delete the database
This always sounds like a bad idea to me.

TexAcoon

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 11:21:01 pm »

GauGau,

It's not that I don't want to understand, your not making yourself very clear about e107 port .....

If I knew what to look for maybe I would understand and could be a bit more accurate answering your question(s) ....  Not everyone works on web sites every minute of each hour, every day like you may do.

Here is what seem to be the closes thing to what your "might be"  referring to: This was taken from uploading to my server... 

Opening data connection to 216.180.231.80 Port: 35476 
Is this what you are talking about?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 11:44:45 pm »

Let me clarify: We didn't create the version of Coppermine you are using.  It is an e107 port of our program.  We don't like it, we don't know it, and we can't help you.  Contact the e107 port developers for assistance.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

TexAcoon

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 03:10:00 am »

Ok .. on the creation e107

However, I found the problem myself ....

When into my database to see what in the "SAM HILL" is going on .....

1) 1.4.2 upgrade did not perform properly ~ Should have taken over written version 1.3.7 in the upgrade. 
2) Had to delete all of the 1.3.7 database records
3) The database THEN recognized the 1.4.2 version
4) Deleting my previous photos, etc ..
5) Upload the photos from 1.3.7

Hope "thread" helps those that the same issue on loss of photos ....     CHECK YOU DATABASE FOLKS ....  Bet the real problem is there ..
If you see two different versions posted there ...  delete the old version .. You should be good to go ..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 01:24:14 pm »

I don't think that your reply is very helpful: there's no such thing as cpg1.3.7, at least no such version that we know of. If the e107 people chose to "hijack" our naming scheme, then fine. But as suggested various times before: we don't know the e107 port, and we don't want this board to be cluttered with e107-related stuff, as it will confuse "our" users. Go to the e107 boards for support or similar.

Locking this thread now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.