Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mods for pay sites  (Read 4643 times)

3rdde

• Coppermine newbie
mods for pay sites
« on: March 30, 2006, 07:48:08 am »

I run adult paysites and I love the coppermine program. I would love to be able to show new albums and random pics on a non member area page from inside the members area withour breaching security.

also I would like to be able to capture a video image to use as the thumb for the video.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 08:27:48 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: mods for pay sites
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:27:35 am »

one issue per thread!

Your first suggestion is not a bright idea - clever users who know the coppermine structure can easily guess the url of the full-size pic if they know the thumbnail url. You could use the deprecated ssi.php script that doesn't respect permissions and therefor does exactly what you're up to.

Your second suggestion isn't possible due to technical limitations, yet you can use custom thumbnails as suggested in the docs.

Marking your proposals as "turned down" - the first suggestion won't be helpful for most users, the second one can't be accomplished.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.