Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for GauGau  (Read 2827 times)

solidsoul

• Coppermine newbie
Question for GauGau
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:36:39 pm »

K, I notice that your very active in the threads and I would like to ask you a question in regards to a couple issues i have been having. I did check the forum search feature but couldn't locate something that I could understand.

If you could please help me with these it would be appreciated

1) Right now when I log into the site as noone just anyone coming in, they cant upload cause it says there is no album to upload? how do we creat a public album for them to upload in?

2) When I batch add files I can use the thumb_ with the .jpg for the movies and have them just add one file with the picture being the thumb. sames not true for anyone else cause they cant batch upload so how would they add a movie to there folder with a thumb. right now when i try it (thumb_ with .jpg) that is it load both the files and shares the .jpg.

3) How would someone is is registered upload files to another dir. like for instance either the files that I have made (admin) or other users albums? or dir?

4) Can you set it so that nothing is shown..what i mean is they have to register to view. mabey just show a couple files but the rest they have to view I notice you can do it for members but cant see anything for admin

Thanks for your help GauGau
Jeff Desjardins
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 10:09:04 pm by solidsoul »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Question for GauGau
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 12:58:58 pm »

we have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up. Most (if not all) of your questions are being answered in the docs that come with coppermine (link at the top of this page), please read it carefully before asking questions, and read the FAQ as well.
Don't ask a specific supporter, as the whole point of a support board is that others might know the answer as well...

1) create a public album, set public upload permissions on the groups page, then set permissions individually by album (album properties)

2) Read up the custom thumbnail section in the docs

3) Non-admin users can't FTP-upload, so they can't choose into which folder their files go to. There's no need for this: folders don't matter, as the database keeps track of files.

4) Read the docs, this is being explained
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.