Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg bridging to joomla? (without SMF)  (Read 14373 times)

sinti

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fotoalbum STV Lachen
cpg bridging to joomla? (without SMF)
« on: December 22, 2005, 03:11:48 pm »

Hi,
is there a way to bridge cpg (1.4.2) to joomla (1.0.4) but without the SMF?

Searched the Forum and got the following:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25005  (unfortunately with SMF, weird thread)
-------
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24281

Refering to: http://www.joombla.com

This is the JoomBla Modified Copppermine Gallery 1.4.2. These files are required for use with CoppermineVis to allow Coppermine integration with Mambo or Joomla CMS.

INCLUDED:
        * Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.2
          -Files Modified for Mambo / Joomla Integration using JoomBla CoppermineVis Component
        * JoomBla Example Template

INSTALLATION:
        * Refer here for Coppermines Install Manual:
        * If already installed Coppermine 1.4.x, just overwrite previous files with these.

COPPERMINEVIS COMPONENT IS REQUIRED

One can get the CoppermineVis here: http://www.joombla.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2

BUT THIS IS A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT!
-------
Another try:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=22760  (very good, but unfortunately also with SMF)
-------
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=21043.0 (for mambo and with SMF)
-------

Any other hints are warmly welcome! Thank you!
Greez sinti

sinti

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fotoalbum STV Lachen
Re: cpg bridging to joomla? (without SMF)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 12:26:24 pm »

Hi,
found some new infos:

unfortunately in german: http://www.joomlaportal.de/joomla-komponenten/23930-cpg-1-4-2-stable-mit-brigde-3.html

for english speaking people a free translation:

Tools
1. Free version of CoppermineVis http://www.joomla.it/joomlab/files/com_copperminevis_1_0_joombla_com.zip
2. The changed CPG Package directly from joombla.com http://joombla.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=32&func=select&id=1
3. the Joomla Bridge [Edit GauGau 2006-02-03]Link removed as per request of the license holder. Re-distributing is not permitted as I suggested in below[/edit]  (the original joomla bridge has to be replaced with this one!)

Make sure users choose "remember me" when logging in. A Patch to ensure this is available at http://joombla.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47

A how-to is available at http://joombla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=33

Very promising! I have not tested it yet. I will try it in the next few days (if I find some time among other duties  ;) ). But if someone else is faster, I'll be thankful for a short message!
Thanks!

One question I have: Is this really a free version of CoppermineVis, or is it an illegal copy of it? Is anybody familiar with such questions?

Greez
sinti
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 05:13:21 pm by GauGau »

sinti

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fotoalbum STV Lachen
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 12:45:06 pm »

The following license can be found in the posted CoppermineVis Package ReadMe:

JOOMBLA SHARED SOURCE LICENSE

This License governs use of the accompanying Software, and your use of the Software constitutes acceptance of this license.

You may use this Software for any non-commercial purpose, subject to the restrictions in this license. Some purposes which can be non-commercial are teaching, academic research, and personal experimentation. You may also distribute this Software with books or other teaching materials, or publish the Software on websites, that are intended to teach the use of the Software.

You may not use or distribute this Software or any derivative works in any form for commercial purposes without written permission from Todd Berk. Examples of commercial purposes would be running business operations, licensing, leasing, or selling the Software, or distributing the Software for use with commercial products.

You may modify this Software and distribute the modified Software for non-commercial purposes, however, you may not grant rights to the Software or derivative works that are broader than those provided by this License. For example, you may not distribute modifications of the Software under terms that would permit commercial use, or under terms that purport to require the Software or derivative works to be sublicensed to others.

You may use any information in intangible form that you remember after accessing the Software. However, this right does not grant you a license to any of Todd Berk's copyrights or patents for anything you might create using such information.

In return, we simply require that you agree:

1. Not to remove any copyright or other notices from the Software.

2. That if you distribute the Software in source or object form, you will include a verbatim copy of this license.

3. That if you distribute derivative works of the Software in source code form you do so only under a license that includes all of the provisions of this License, and if you distribute derivative works of the Software solely in object form you do so only under a license that complies with this License.

4. That if you have modified the Software or created derivative works, and distribute such modifications or derivative works, you will cause the modified files to carry prominent notices so that recipients know that they are not receiving the original Software. Such notices must state: (i) that you have changed the Software; and (ii) the date of any changes.

5. THAT THE SOFTWARE COMES "AS IS", WITH NO WARRANTIES. THIS MEANS NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALSO, YOU MUST PASS THIS DISCLAIMER ON WHENEVER YOU DISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE OR DERIVATIVE WORKS.

6. THAT Todd Berk WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE OR THIS LICENSE, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT THE LAW PERMITS, NO MATTER WHAT LEGAL THEORY IT IS BASED ON. ALSO, YOU MUST PASS THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY ON WHENEVER YOU DISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE OR DERIVATIVE WORKS.

7. That if you sue anyone over patents that you think may apply to the Software or anyone's use of the Software, your license to the Software ends automatically.

8. That your rights under the License end automatically if you breach it in any way.

9. Todd Berk reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this license.

So, one can use it freely, right? Even if for a new version has to be payed for?

Sarit

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 11:01:27 pm »

So Sinti, what was concluded?
Did you find any good way to merge the two?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 03:09:41 pm »

try using the mambo bridge that comes with coppermine.

GsJosh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 10:12:30 pm »

Well, I'm trying to merge the two also but I'm experiencing some difficaulties. I did use the Mambo integrate file but when I had used that the coppermine resulted in a fatal error so I reinstalled coppermine. Should I edit the coppermime>mambo bridgefile? I opened it and I saw some 'mambo' words and maybe the file is trying to find mambo files where it needs to search for Joomla files? (I Don't know)

I'm just lost in this large forest of Joomla and coppermine. Can you help me out? What does this mean? Do I need all those files? What do they do?

cornelp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 10:57:53 pm »

I have the same issue and been trying to figure this one out for last week or so. I dont use nor need a Forum, so just want the 2 together sharing the same user database.

GauGau, I tried to use the one that comes with Coppermine, but with no luck, well sort of. If U use the one that comes with Coppermine, it works in a way. U will be able to bridge the 2 together and go from your Joomla/Mambo frontsite to Coppermine, BUT, the user lists are still separated, both have to have the same users in the list. Unless something I did not do, perhaps U can share that info? (Maybe some changes in the bridge file itself, etc).

I gonna keep trying meself as well, I want the 2 together, nothing better then Coppermine and Joomla/Mambo put together.

Sinti: thankx for the links on that last post. I will give those a try TONIGHT and see if it works.

GauGau, I would very much appreciate it if U could explain further your way? It sounds the easiest way, bu then again it sounds easy but who knows.

THANK YOU...

cornelp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 03:39:34 am »

sinti, that link to the italian site does not work. I registered with them to see if that was the problem, but no luck. I got everything done except no component. Anyone out there has the free version of this component? Or another link that works?

Thank You

sinti

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fotoalbum STV Lachen
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 11:08:01 pm »

Hi cornelp,

I stored a copy on my own webspace, you can get it there:
deleted URL by sinti on 20.1.

Further, I tried these steps mentioned above and got it working. But I have to tell you, this copperminevis version has really a lot of bugs!
I've done it a few weeks ago and had not much time.

But one thing I've done: I went to the bridging assistent of cpg on the admin tools page. Turned on the mambo bridge. And at the question of the url of the forum I entered the url of joomla. (the admin tools page didn't work at first, because the link wasn't correctly translated in copperminevis! So I entered it manually following the same scheme of the other links!)

So, good luck!
Greez
sinti
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 02:55:58 pm by sinti »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 11:14:07 pm »

I doubt that you're allowed to distribute this file, I suggest you remove it.

sinti

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fotoalbum STV Lachen
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 12:06:05 am »

Hi GauGau,

what do you say to the point 2 in the license above?

If you still suggest to remove it, i'll do so immediately!

sinti

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 12:21:45 am »

you can't make sure that people don't use the files commercially, that's the tricky bit imo. I suggest asking the author of the code for permission. The license is not very concise imo, so I'm not sure (I would have removed the link from your posting if I would have been sure that it's a licence violation).

sinti

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fotoalbum STV Lachen
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 12:25:48 am »

OK, I'll ask the author and remove it in the meantime!

Good night!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 05:14:47 pm »

Here's what the author has answered by PM:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25424.0

My name is Todd Berk and I am the owner of www.joombla.com and rights to those files.

Please remove the links through out the thread to the rapidshare file which has been illegally posted and the copperminevis 1.0 component which is severely outdated.
Look at the post by Sinti particularly.

Regards,
Todd
, so I removed the link from the offending posting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.