Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Thumbnail Template  (Read 4178 times)

spacebass5000

• Coppermine newbie
Custom Thumbnail Template
« on: December 22, 2005, 02:36:06 am »

I need to create a custom thumbnail template for a customer of mine. They want to randomly populate a table with photos when a user accesses a gallery. Granted, if there are 100 photos in the gallery and each thumbnail page should display 20 pictures, each 5 pages of the gallery layout will hold distinctive thumbnails.

To put this a better way...

Page 1: Pictures 1-20
Page 2: Pictures 21-40
Page 3: Pictures 41-60
Page 4: Pictures 61-80
Page 5: Pictures 81-100

with each page randomly listing it's 20 respective pictures. Just so you know, the numbers I have picked were completely arbitrary, I plan on using the row/column specifications set in the config section.

Now I don't need someone to hold my hand and walk me through the entire process, but I would like to receive a good nudge in the right direction. I have familiarized myself with theme creation/alteration but I am assuming this goes a little beyond that.

What files do I need to edit in order to do this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 11:34:01 am by GauGau »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Custom Thumbnail Template
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 03:33:04 am »

Seems to me all you really want to do is create one master/private album as a retainer for all pictures under a specific category.  And a set of user accessible albums that only contain designated linked pics.

OR,

You want pictures to contain specific keywords, where x number of pictures share the same keyword.  List the keyword as a clickable search item in the search.. and use SEARCH as your homepage.

In this way, the user enters cpg via search.. clicks on one of the clickable keyword links and is presented with a search 'album' of the appropriate images.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

spacebass5000

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 04:28:24 am »

either I am not understanding you or you are not understanding me...

I want to use CM in the traditional sense that I will create albums and place them into categories. The only thing different will be how the albums are viewed. The thumbnail view of an album will populate a table randomly for each one of it's respective pages.

Let me better illustrate this via a mockup:

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.omnipcsolutions.com%2Fpublic%2Flayout.jpg&hash=371e63f93e34fe71a4f1afabe93c3176e084180d)

That will be what an album's thumbnail view will end up looking like for each page of the album. The photos will be placed in a random fashion on each page.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 06:47:49 am »

you can get a page of randoms with coppermine by using the url:

thumbnails.php?album=random&cat=0

but I think what you are truely after is something like what cpmfetch can do for you. Search the forums, theres plenty of detailed information on implementing it.

spacebass5000

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 04:35:26 pm »

sweet, will do...  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.