Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No personal galleries for administrators?  (Read 7782 times)

Anhinga

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Snakebird.net
No personal galleries for administrators?
« on: December 21, 2005, 08:26:53 pm »

My Coppermine gallery (http://www.snakebird.net/gallery/ ) is currently bridged with SMF.  I just noticed that one of my forum’s other members was able to create a personal gallery (I’ve renamed the section where people can do this to “avatars and logos”) but for some reason I’m not able to do this as the administrator.  I’ve asked the member who did this how she was able to, and she said that when she’s logged into the gallery, one of the links displayed on the main page is “create/order my albums”.  However, that isn’t one of the links that appears for me when I’m using admin mode, and when I switch to user mode it doesn’t display any of these links at all except the GIF image buttons at the very top of the page.

What do I need to do in order to make it possible for administrators to create personal galleries also?

Nibbler

Re: No personal galleries for administrators?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:29:12 pm »

You can create your personal gallery using the normal album manager.

Anhinga

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Snakebird.net
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 09:19:13 pm »

OK, that seems to be working.  So as an administrator, I can't create it the same way normal users do?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 12:58:56 pm »

it is the same way as normal users. The difference is only permissions: you (as admin) are allowed to create both public and personal albums, users are only capable to create personal ones.

scotte

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 07:26:09 am »

it is the same way as normal users. The difference is only permissions: you (as admin) are allowed to create both public and personal albums, users are only capable to create personal ones.
I would argue 'not quite'. This messed me up to. When you switch to "User Mode" you should get the "User" toolbar like any normal user, instead of NO toolbar... Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.