Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users all disappeared  (Read 5344 times)

Riri

• Coppermine newbie
    • KST4ever
Users all disappeared
« on: December 21, 2005, 03:37:15 pm »

Hi ! I don't know if this problem has already been mentionned, I've searched on the forum but couldn't find the right topic...

Actually all my users and their galleries have disappeared but the comments are still there.
Does anyone know how something like this can happen ?

Thanks for your answers
Riri
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 12:41:38 pm by GauGau »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Users all disappeared
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 05:38:22 pm »

Riri,

link to your site?

Have you looked into your database with a tool like phpMyadmin to see if all the pictures and paths still exist within the data base? 

Has the path in CONFIG for  Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards  been altered?

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Riri

• Coppermine newbie
    • KST4ever
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 10:06:23 pm »

Hi ! Thanks a lot for your answer. Here's the link to my gallery : http://www.kst4ever.net/galerie

Apparently the pictures are not in the database anymore...

And the target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards is the same as the one I gave you above.

Riri

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 10:31:21 pm »

Riri,

I see 5 comments with 5 pics, two by jolinar, three by ju'

am I supposed to see something other than  that?

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 10:40:23 pm »

Sorry,

I guess I wouldn't see what isn't there.   Check the physical directory to where your users pictures used to reside.  That should be somewhere in the Coppermine/albums/userpics  folder.

Confirm that the files exist on your server.   

Dennis

ps.. did you relocated from a different server or location?

Riri

• Coppermine newbie
    • KST4ever
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 10:55:18 pm »

Well, no the files aren't there anymore...
I've just installed my gallery (one week ago) and I had 4 users or so. I noticed this morning that all my users had disappeared... I have no idea what can have happened 'cause I didn't do anythig !!

Riri

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 02:04:26 am »

Well, no the files aren't there anymore...
I've just installed my gallery (one week ago) and I had 4 users or so. I noticed this morning that all my users had disappeared... I have no idea what can have happened 'cause I didn't do anythig !!

Riri

I can see how something quirky might happen and you might lose some database entry or two, but for the physical uploaded picture files to disappear along with the user records means that someone had to have that user's or your admin access to your website.

You may want to check your webserver access logs to see who had been in your site recently.
Dennis
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 02:09:29 am by madeinhawaii »

viperben1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 02:38:44 am »

this just happened with me, although my groups dissapeared

is there ne reason and does any one know how to re add an unregistered user group with all the unregistered features??

thanks

Riri

• Coppermine newbie
    • KST4ever
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 10:08:42 am »

I can see how something quirky might happen and you might lose some database entry or two, but for the physical uploaded picture files to disappear along with the user records means that someone had to have that user's or your admin access to your website.

You may want to check your webserver access logs to see who had been in your site recently.
Dennis

I know it sounds weird, but I can't think of anyone who could have accessed my database.
I've changed all my passwords, we'll see if anything happens next.
Thanks a lot for your help
Riri
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.