Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General Info on using Keywords and Keyword Tables?  (Read 3483 times)

M3

• Coppermine novice
General Info on using Keywords and Keyword Tables?
« on: December 21, 2005, 04:59:49 am »

I've done a few searches and it seems everyone is already five steps ahead of me about "keywords". I never used them because... well, I had obvious album names for things. Who needs to search when you have "Family" and "Girlfriends" and "Sports" albums, right?

Is there a primer somewhere that goes over how to add Keywords (especially when you batch add thousands of pics) and what this Keyword Table is all about? I checked the FAQ, Documentation and even the Config in my gallery....

I tried adding two keywords to a single picture and yes, they are searchable, but I can't imagine doing that for each of the thousands of files?! That seems insane.

So I gave searching a shot, read up and still am lost. Any links to "starter" threads or "how to" threads or anything would be REALLY appreciated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: General Info on using Keywords and Keyword Tables?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:34:24 am »

if you don't need keywords, just don't assign them. The search will then take the existing data (album name, file name, title and caption) into account, which should be enough for your purposes. Just because a feature exists doesn't mean that you have to use it - it's just an option. There are even people who disable the search completely because they don't want their visitors to use it. There is no additional reader except the coppermine docs for this feature.

mainpower

• Coppermine novice
    • Photo album of ... (with CPG)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 01:46:57 pm »

So why are keywords used for as the search also using the other fields (album name, file name, title and caption) ???

I just wonder because I was searching in this forum for a way to automate keyword from these fields...  ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 03:52:26 pm by mainpower »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 03:33:33 pm »

why post "why" questions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.