Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add some File Info to Batch Add Section  (Read 3342 times)

M3

• Coppermine novice
Add some File Info to Batch Add Section
« on: December 21, 2005, 04:31:26 am »

I know that you can only add so many files at a time via Batch Add feature, and was wondering if at some point a little tiny line could be added at the end of the thumbnails, stating perhaps how many total files are in that folder?

It's frustrating to set up FTP to upload several thousand pics on a schedule, only to have to remember a few days later how many files you added and then go through and uncheck 50-200 little boxes until it finally accepts the batch add. Uncheck a bunch, hit Upload. No go, uncheck some more, hit upload again, still no go, etc.

If I knew how many files were in there, perhaps even how many files were NEW and thus not in the gallery (since it already places checks next to them, obviously it already knows, how about letting us know too?) that would be a great help in unchecking. I could keep track of "I have 300 new pics, gotta uncheck 100 to do an add...."

I know it's listed on the gallery info for visitors, but for admins to go in and batch add, how about replicating that counter code to Batch Add?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 08:48:07 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Add some File Info to Batch Add Section
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:47:52 am »

why don't you use sub-folders then? It's recommended to mimmick the category/album structure inside the albums folder. There already is a checkbox to check/uncheck all files. Request turned down.

M3

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 08:11:18 am »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by subfolders?

I have them set up, for example, Parties 2001, Parties 2002, etc, but when each folder contains 500 files or so, it doesn't really help... all I can do is upload 100 or so at a time, batch add into the gallery, and go back and add more, etc.

Checking/unchecking files I really haven't found a use for. Coppermine detects which files are new and auto checks them. Having to uncheck 300 boxes because it can't accept more than a certain amount of files is pretty time consuming.

I'm not sure how I could break down Parties further, unless I did alphabet breakdowns (A-G, H-M, etc) and visitors already have to click hundreds of times to see my whole gallery. I don't think breaking it down further would be very efficient.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 10:12:50 am »

well, as you probably haven't taken all 300 pics at one single party, I suggested creating a sub-folder within "party2001" that is named "spring-party", another one named "halloween" and another one "birthday". Put the files that were taken one your birthday into /your_coppermine_folder/albums/party2001/birthday/ then. Seems pretty obvious what a sub-folder is, I'm not sure about your question. The number of folders on the server's harddrive is not related at all to the number of clicks your users have to make, as they depend on the cat/album structure of your site.
This is becoming a support thread, turns out that you seem to lack some coppermine basics. I recommend reading the docs that come with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.