Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reestablishing the gallery  (Read 3117 times)

BlackAngel-

• Coppermine newbie
    • *~..MA-S..~*
reestablishing the gallery
« on: December 17, 2005, 11:25:44 pm »

hi ^^

I moved to another host, copied my database info and inserted it to my new db. I've uploaded the pictures to the new server and tried to batch them to (their old, still existing) categories but I always get the message that the thumbnail can't be created - nor do I see the uploaded and batched pictures at all.

I would really appreciate your help^^

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: reestablishing the gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 08:59:49 am »

That's not the proper way to move a coppermine install - you don't re-batch-add the pics. Instead, create a dump of your old mysql tables and restore it on the new webhost. Make sure that you have applied permissions (CHMOD) as suggested in the docs. For details, do as suggested in the "trouble-shooting the upload process" in the docs.

BlackAngel-

• Coppermine newbie
    • *~..MA-S..~*
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 01:44:31 am »

Hi GauGau^^

Thanks for helping me so far but unfortunately I wasn't able to solve the problem. First of all, I'm not quite sure, what it exactly means to "dump a database". I always thougt, that dumping means copying the db (sorry, for beeing so unknowing T_T).
The "trouble-shooting the upload process" advices didn't help a lot - unfortunately -.- nor did the chmod. All files are chmod-ed correctly and by enabling the debug mode nothing really helpful happened. (Well , it's section 4.11.4, isn't it?).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 02:46:17 am »

the upload trouble-shooting section says that you need to post some data here when requesting support, doesn't it?
Also refer to http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#BackupDatabase for backing up your old db.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.