Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't view albums: error in thumbnail.php at line 236  (Read 4226 times)

Valentina

• Coppermine newbie
Can't view albums: error in thumbnail.php at line 236
« on: December 19, 2005, 03:59:06 pm »

I've just installed Coppermine 1.4.2 here http://www.macalania.com/depp/gallery and it seems to work, but when I try to enter in one of the albums I get this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /web/htdocs/www.macalania.com/home/depp/gallery/thumbnails.php on line 236

Do you know what this could mean?
Thanx

ps sorry for my english! :p

update I commented the line and now the albums work, do you think that the comment will cause any problem?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 02:59:53 am by GauGau »

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
Re: Can't view albums: error in thumbnail.php at line 236
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 05:08:18 pm »

Is it this line you commented out?

Code: [Select]
            $alb_pw = unserialize($_COOKIE[$CONFIG['cookie_name'] . '_albpw']);
If so, you're going to have trouble if you later on decide to have password protected albums. You really shouldn't mess with the code if you're not sure what it does, as it may give you other complications later on (such as when upgrading or changing your configuration).

But I'm not sure why you get a parse error. You haven't changed anything else in the file?

Valentina

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 05:58:14 pm »

Yes, that's the line I commented out!
I haven't changed anything else in this file, and in others either, I made some changes in admin.php, the one you recommeneded here in the forum for the problems with languages but since it doesn't work anyway I changed it back in the original way!

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 11:41:22 pm »

Then I don't know.. there shouldn't be any parse errors in a file fresh from the installation package as they are easy to spot. Maybe you could try copying the file over from the original installation package again?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 08:34:31 am »

what editor did you use? Make sure to use a plain text editor (notepad.exe is fine). Don't use a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver, and particularly not MS Frontpage.

Valentina

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »

I've tried to upload the thumbnail.php file again and now it seems to work! Thanx!
and GauGau thanx for the advice too infact I was using Dreamweaver but I'll use notepade next time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.