Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: worked around probable bug in galleries  (Read 3634 times)

williamb

• Coppermine newbie
worked around probable bug in galleries
« on: December 17, 2003, 09:13:50 pm »

My gallery is setup (went smooth too), and all seems fine except...

I setup all of the galleries I will be needing in my system, then uploaded a few picts into two of the fifty galleries Isetup.

All of the empty galleries listed above any galleries with photos did not show the name of the gallery, and in admin mode did not show the admin button on the galleries.

My wife suggested moving the galleries with photos above those without, and when she said that I realized that was what it was doing, it was blanking everything out on the empty galleries above the no-empty galleries (except the nopic.gif).

I moved them (the galleries with photos) above the empty ones, and bamm, all info showed (empty and with photos) as it should.

Problem solved, but thought you admin folks might want to know about it and perhaps test it for being an actual bug versus an isolated case.

I'm new hear as of today, so greetings all!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 01:35:55 pm »

hm, I can confirm there have been isues like that, but they're supposed to have been fixed. Could you give us a link to your gallery?

GauGau

Oasis

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • iNSiGNiA
    • Pixnet Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 10:43:17 pm »

did you download the latest version? or did you install a version you downloaded a while back? This problem was already fixed, so this shouldn't be happening if you're using the latest version~

If you do not plan on installing the latest version, you can switch "Show private albums" to "Yes" in the config as a temporary fix, but it is recommended that you reinstall the latest one.
Pixnet Gallery: http://www.pixnet.net
iNSiGNiA Weblog: http://www.jayliu.org

williamb

• Coppermine newbie
here's the url
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 04:13:46 am »

Yes, I will post the site's url.  Also, as far as I know I have the latest version, I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago.  I have "cpg1.2.0final"

I'll give that switch (Show Private Albums) a try.  

Here's the url:

http://www.guidebookamerica.com/travelshots

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 01:35:31 pm »

try downloading the most current release (cpg1.2.1) - you'll just have to overwrite the files, no db manipulation or update script to run.

GauGau

williamb

• Coppermine newbie
will do
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2003, 05:03:12 pm »

Thanks, just downloaded the upgrade.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.