Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changed settings to "default" - now I can no longer login!  (Read 5226 times)

Morgy

• Coppermine newbie
Changed settings to "default" - now I can no longer login!
« on: December 19, 2005, 09:49:37 am »

Hi insiders

I also updated to Coppermine 1.4 using Fantastico. (I didn't read the messages in this board before) After updating, Guests were no longer able to view anything. (As it happened to other users) I tested around a little bit and then chose the option "change settings to default" (in German "Auf Werkseinstellung zurücksetzen").

:'( Now Guests can view the albums again but my admin-login seems to be changed? Any guesses what it could be? In addition, the admin mail-address seems to be changed, too. (I tried to mail me the password)

Thanks for help!

Morgy
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:06:01 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Changed settings to "default" - now I can no longer login!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 09:54:40 am »

the fantastico installer is known to be buggy - in the future, don't use it, but go for the one and only genuine method to upgrade, using the sources from our site and doing as suggested in the docs that come with coppermine. For now, run update.php in your browser. Search the board for details, as your question has been asked (and answered) multiple times already.

Morgy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 12:30:10 pm »

Hello

Thanks for posting.

I found help: I had to use phpMyAdmin to set a new mail address for the Administrator. Then I could have Coppermine send a new password, log in again and change the settings of my gallery again. The main problem was caused by a default gallery url (something like: www.yourgallery.com).

Morgy

ninelives

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 05:53:48 pm »

Hello All..

I have the exact same problem but I can't get it to send me my new pass to get in as admin..  I've changed my admin email address via my web server (as I don’t seem to have phpMyAdmin, unless I’m looking in the wrong place) but it still tells me my email address doesn't exist :-[

WHAT DO I DO???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 07:39:54 pm »

do as suggested and upgrade with the package from our site, not fantastico. In the future, don't double-post nor hijack threads!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.