Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin create/manage user galleries/albums?  (Read 4463 times)

outpatient

• Coppermine newbie
    • My Family Album
Admin create/manage user galleries/albums?
« on: December 19, 2005, 03:15:01 am »

I recently upgraded to 1.42, I'm 'wearing' "eyeball", and running on a linux server.

I had disabled user galleries and would allow users to upload and sort their images on their own, turns out that was a bad idea.  People kept putting the images in the wrong folder and it made my OCD flare up.  So when I upgraded I decided to allow User Galleries and restrict uploads to public folders.

Problem is:
1.) I can't create albums in user galleries (that aren't mine)
2.) Can't even move pictures from a public album to a user album (one that isn't mine).  I can move some files but not others and I can't figure out for the life of me what makes the difference. When I go to edit images and open the pull down menu for the picture I want to move, the list may or may not have the User Album where I want to move the picture.

Is there a way to get around this? Also, is it possible to create a user gallery for a user that hasnt created their own? (My users arent exactly the computer-literate type and anything I can do to make life easier for them, makes life easier for me!!)

Any suggestion is welcome!  And thanks for the excellent software guys, Coppermine is my favorite toy!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 05:04:00 am by outpatient »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Admin create/manage user galleries/albums?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 05:24:02 am »

outpatient,

Looks to me like you will need to get real familiar with phpMyadmin.

Use that with keywords to link pics from user galleries to the appropriate public galleries or to change the album they should be in. 

You should also be able to  create albums for users who aren't very computer savvy with phpMyadmin.   

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.