Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantastico Update  (Read 3302 times)

tjpeople

• Coppermine newbie
Fantastico Update
« on: December 19, 2005, 01:13:00 am »

Hi, my Fantastico CP says i can update to 1.4.2 from 1.3.4. Which sound good, however i dont want to do it if it will cause problem? i currenly have a few hacks download link on my files and other, will these have to be re put in? will i loose my gallery setup if i update, or will its be a simple smooth ride?

thanks

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Fantastico Update
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 03:54:54 am »

Chances are your hacks will have to be reapplied.
If you know what they are, search to see if there are updates available for 1.4x.
Your theme will also have to be rebuilt to comply with the new 1.4x standards and methods.

You may want to install cpg1.4x  in a different folder and get it running the way you want first.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Fantastico Update
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 09:08:31 am »

don't use the fantastico updater, it's known to be buggy. Do a "regular" upgrade as suggested in the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.