Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin Login Failure and Missing (?) User Galleries  (Read 6662 times)

sah62

• Coppermine newbie
    • Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
Admin Login Failure and Missing (?) User Galleries
« on: December 18, 2005, 10:40:17 pm »

I'm trying to upgrade Coppermine from version 1.3.3 to 1.4.2 as a result of updating phpbb to 2.0.18.  I followed the upgrade instructions in the documentation included with the Coppermine distribution, but now I don't seem to be able to login using the admin account.  Coppermine accepts the user ID and password (I get the "Welcome" message), but when the login process finishes I'm back at the gallery home page with another "Login" prompt.  I've checked the admin user ID and password in the database; all looks well as far as I can tell.  Admin account user group is "1".

I also noticed that I'm getting a "There are no user galleries" message in the user list displayed under "Home > User galleries", but I'm seeing images. The galleries had been created with the old version of coppermine while bridged to phpbb.  That makes sense -- I suppose I have to finish the bridging process before the user galleries will be properly identified with my phpbb user accounts.

I can create and use a test account just fine.
Gallery: http://www.428cobrajet.org/gallery/
User: test
Password: test-pw

Can anyone see anything obviously wrong?  I'd like to get the admin stuff working again before I try to get it bridged again.

Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 04:02:13 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Admin Login Failure and Missing (?) User Galleries
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 10:58:53 pm »

Follow these steps, but you need the phpbb2018 file instead.

sah62

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 01:39:14 am »

Much progress -- thank you!  I can now enter admin mode and my user galleries appear to be properly associated with my phpbb users.

However, now I don't seem to be able to leave admin mode.  When I click the "User mode" link I see a "Leaving admin mode..." message, but when that process finishes all of the admin functions (and the "User mode" link) are still present.  I've also noticed that the login, logout, and edit profile functions seem to hang when I try to use them from Coppermine.  I was able to get into Coppermine admin mode by doing a login from phpbb and then navigating to my Coppermine home page.

Probably unrelated, but when I run versioncheck.php I see one complaint about an outdated file.  The funny thing is that this was the one included with the distribution:

docs/theme/style.css 1.4.2

Any other thoughts?

UPDATE: something strange is happening.  I came back to the gallery a few hours later and tried to run the bridge manager to check things again.  This time, it prompted me for my user ID and password, and then disabled the bridge after receiving them.  Now I'm back to being unable to login, though it looks like my credentials are being accepted.  I'm also seeing a "Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies" message on the login page, but I've checked my browser settings and there shouldn't be a problem with cookies being accepted.

Login with the test account behaves the same way.

I've tried to re-run the group manager, but now it doesn't appear to be making a difference.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 01:26:04 pm by sah62 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 08:51:23 am »

don't click on user-mode then, it's not doing anything except hiding the admin controls anyway.

sah62

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 12:09:36 pm »

True, but I've noticed that the login, logout, and edit profile links still hang when the bridge is turned on.  That, and login seems to not work when the bridge is turned off.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 01:46:57 pm by sah62 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

sah62

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 02:27:01 pm »

OK:

Coppermine install: http://www.428cobrajet.org/gallery/
Forum install: http://www.428cobrajet.org/forum/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: phpbb 2.0.18
Test user account: test / test-pw

(I'm having to get the bridge settings directly out of the database -- I get the emergency recovery prompt when trying to get into the bridge manager through the admin tools page.)

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.428cobrajet.org/forum
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/
Use post-based groups?:  1
Use standard groups?: 1
Cookie prefix: phpbb2mysql

Bridge is currently enabled.  I can turn it off if that helps with debugging the login/logout problems.

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 02:33:15 pm »

You have some blank lines somewhere that is stopping the redirect from working. Check any files you have modified for empty lines at the start or end of the file.

sah62

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 03:58:19 pm »

I just checked all of the files that I edited and updated, and there was indeed an extra blank line at the end of a few of them.  Looks like me text editor did something strange.  Anyway, with those lines removed all looks well.  Thanks for the help, Nibbler and GauGau!  Please consider this problem solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.