Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album in several categories  (Read 5461 times)

szdavid

• Coppermine newbie
Album in several categories
« on: December 18, 2005, 09:29:45 pm »

Hello,

is it possible to put one album in different categories ?
Or tu automatically put pictures of one album into another one ?

I have got a category called "erasmus" with an album called prague and i'd like to put this album into my categor "my trips"

Thanks a lot

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Album in several categories
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 11:07:55 pm »

Read the docs that come with your coppermine installation regarding keywords and linking photographs from one album to  another.  Pics can be linked to any album across categories and can have any number of keywords separated by spaces so that they can appear in multiple albums.  Albums, on the otherhand, can only have 1 keyword. Pictures that share the album's keyword will show up in that album.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

szdavid

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 11:13:50 pm »

Thanks but the thing is that I have more than 200 pics to edit. It is quite a long work  :-S

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 11:22:20 pm »

Thanks but the thing is that I have more than 200 pics to edit. It is quite a long work  :-S

Oooh.  Better get started then, huh?   ;)

Count your blessings.  I have close to 600 and had to redo them three times during the early Beta releases due to bugs in the keyword script.  Others here have thousands.

Go to album list, click on edit files, and you can do several of them with the ole cut and paste routine.  It won't take but 30 minutes to do all 200.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:23:00 am »

Or just do it directly in MySQL, if you know how to. Certainly beats manually editing lots of pics.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 12:30:30 am »

Or just do it directly in MySQL, if you know how to. Certainly beats manually editing lots of pics.

Sure if you can remember what every picture looks like and which pictures you want to go where.
I'm a visual kind of guy, so I get all confused if it's just filenames and no pics. Then my dyslexia kicks in and I make a mess of things.  ;)   Then having to go back and clean up my mess is more troublesome than doing it the old-fashioned way first.

But if it works for you, that's great.

Dennis

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 12:39:50 am »

Heh, yeah, you have to know what's what to do it the MySQL way of course =) I was thinking if you have an album stored in a directory called "Party at Danny's", then it would be pretty easy to know  that all pics in there should have the keyword "party" and so on.. or if you always name your pics in a certain way. Anyways, like you said, if it works it's all good, if not, just do it the old and tedious way :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.