Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: assigned album(s)  (Read 4105 times)

BySilent

• Coppermine newbie
assigned album(s)
« on: December 18, 2005, 05:55:47 am »

When setting up User Groups I noticed the link assigned album(s) but when clicking on it the page comes up with "
This group has no special access"

How do you assign an album to a group?  I have looked around the documentation and did a search in the forum but found nothing.

I was thinking that this feature would be good to use for a subset of individuals that share one group album.

Thanks in advance for any info.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 02:28:43 pm by GauGau »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: assigned album(s)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 02:08:49 am »

Silent,

That little feature is actually a bit misleading.  It only shows something if you make an album private so that it can only be viewed by a specific group.

Currently, insofar as I can see, you cannot delegate specific albums that each registered user can upload to. I believe if a group can upload, all albums set to accept public uploads will be accessible by all groups that can upload files.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Techbot

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 05:27:43 pm »

I'm getting the same error. I haven't set any special permissions...in fact, I want the album to be  open to ALL registered users to be able to upload to. So far no one can upload anything, they get that error everytime

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 05:33:03 pm »

You assign a group to an album in Album Properties. Once you do, that page will show the correct info.

Techbot

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 11:09:32 pm »

yay! found it. thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.