Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect image display after rotate  (Read 3140 times)

glree

• Coppermine newbie
Incorrect image display after rotate
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:39:40 am »

Hello,
 I have a fresh installation of 1.4.9 and am seeing some strange behaviour.

When I rotate a photograph and save it, and then click on the full size image link, the photo is displayed incorrectly. The proportions of the pop-up window are correct for the newly rotate image, however the image is still in its original non-rotated state, and is stretched across the pop-up window.

Please see the attached screenshot for what I mean (the original image had the baby on its side).

The normal and thumb images appear fine, as you can see, the issue is just with full size display.

Is this normal functionality, or is something broken?

Thanks,
Glree

Nibbler

Re: Incorrect image display after rotate
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 03:47:25 am »

Did you clear your cache after rotating?

glree

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 04:01:22 am »

Yes, I just tried that, and no luck, it still does not display correctly.

I assume it is supposed to display in the new rotated form?

thanks,
glenn.

glree

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:50:30 pm »

Is this a coding error? Is this by design? Anyone got any ideas? should I reinstall?

glree

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:05:36 am »

I'd imagine the file is too large to be resized online. Test a small picture and see if that works.

glree

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 12:58:50 pm »

Hmmm, I tried uploading a 800x600 image, and this worked OK. The first image was originally 2272x1704, but I did resize this before uplaoding. ???

The first image was uploaded with the mass import plugin, and it did not import all of my pics correctly and crashed. Perhaps this was the cause of the issue? After uploading the same image manually, it rotates and displays fine.

I had to also delete some data manually in phpmyadmin after the plugin failed to import pics OK. Perhaps there was some DB corruption in there.

I will play a bit more and post if I find anything else out. Thanks heaps for the help.

glree :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.