Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software to batch create thumbnails from avi mpeg mpg files  (Read 8070 times)

dianajameson

• Coppermine newbie
Software to batch create thumbnails from avi mpeg mpg files
« on: December 18, 2005, 12:35:22 am »

Hi

I'm lazy !

I have just upgraded to latest version and would now like to add all my movies to my already extensive gallery of pics.

The problem is I have 100's of mpg and avi files and to create a custom thumbnail for each and name it thumb_XXXXX.jpg will take me forever.

Is there a piece of software that I can download that will create a thumbnail from a batch of video files and auto name the thumbnail accordingly ???

Thanks

Diana
xxx

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
Re: Software to batch create thumbnails from avi mpeg mpg files
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 03:24:31 pm »

I did some searching and came up with this. I bet one could come up with much more with a little more time dedicated to searching and testing. Please reply with more comments if you test any of them, especially the freeware programs, as I'm looking for such a program myself but it's not exactly at the top of my priority list.

fatattack

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 12:02:49 am »

I use irfanview for it with the pluginpack installed ( all free )

it has a thumbnail section and if you have the plugings installed, it can read and create thumbs for all your movie formats.
One click batch solution.

It also batch renames and resizes btw so that's also no problem.

Best choice out there as far as I'm concerned.

usage is btw:

start 'irfanview thumbnails'
browse left to the folder with the moviefiles you want thumbs for
select ( right ) the files you want 'thumb'ed' and click on top file - 'save selected thumbs as single images'
chose your output dir in the popup window

all done ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 09:38:23 am »

Check the tutorials section (link at top of this page): there already is a tutorial for Batch-resizing pics with Irfan View. However, out of the box Irfan View will not be able to create thumbnails from video files - as suggested, you'll need plugins that enable IrfanView to read those files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.