Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email to users or group  (Read 5422 times)

beerfrog

• Coppermine newbie
    • Paeron.net
Email to users or group
« on: December 17, 2005, 07:41:34 pm »

Is there any way to mass email (as admin) to all registered users or users of a group?
If so how?

Cheers / B

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Email to users or group
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:41:37 am »

by default, there's no such option. However, there's a mod that has originally been written for cpg1.3.x that allows you to mass-email. Search the board for it and try to make it work with cpg1.4.x (but please don't reply to the thread I refered to, asking people to make the mod work with cpg1.4.x).
We (the coppermine dev team) are reluctant to code anything that is related to even more emails being sent, so there's no "official" support for this.

beerfrog

• Coppermine newbie
    • Paeron.net
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 11:45:24 am »

by default, there's no such option. However, there's a mod that has originally been written for cpg1.3.x that allows you to mass-email. Search the board for it and try to make it work with cpg1.4.x (but please don't reply to the thread I refered to, asking people to make the mod work with cpg1.4.x).
We (the coppermine dev team) are reluctant to code anything that is related to even more emails being sent, so there's no "official" support for this.

Okey.

What i'm looking for is a function to "alert" registered users about new additions to the gallery.
I'm putting up a gallery as a dedicated family album, and want to send the rest of the family and friends a notice that new pictures are avaliable.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? (Except from making a distributionlist in my email program ;-))

Cheers / B

calexcyou

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 04:49:38 pm »

hey when you get an answer let me know....I am trying to do the same thing...thanks

calexcyou@gmail.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 09:40:18 am »

little point in posting your email address, we don't do email support. Enable notifications for this thread instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.