Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Publishing Wizard - Empty Album Name  (Read 3385 times)

kirkjt

• Coppermine newbie
Problems with Publishing Wizard - Empty Album Name
« on: January 03, 2006, 03:46:58 am »

I'm trying to use the xp_publish feature on Coppermine 1.4.3 (just upgraded) on a Windows 2003 Server with Php 5.0.5 and MySQL 4.1.14

When I attempt to use the publishing wizard to create a new album, I get the message Your new album "" was created...notice the blank name.  After that it doesn't work.  When I look at the SQL table, I can see that an album with a blank name was indeed created.  Continuing from there, I get the usual publishing wizard error.

If I create the album via the website then try to publish the picture to that album, I get the standard publishing wizard error message (There was an error...)

If I try to batch add to an existing album, it works, and if I try to use the HTTP upload, it works, so I believe my basic uploading is okay, just something wrong with the publishing wizard.

I can also note that the browsable interface doesn't work on batch add, presumambly because of the path names and the fact I'm on a windows OS...don't know if that's related or not, but maybe it is.

Lastly, the error in xp_publish.log is : Error: Selected album does not exist or you don't have permission to upload in this album(File: : d:\Inetpub\wwwroot\photos\xp_publish.php / Line: : 722)

One more thing, the name of the album contains a slash: "Pickens / Taylor album".  I know slashes have caused some issues with pathnames, but I don't think this would affect this particular problem.

Please let me know how I can fix this or help someone to fix this.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 06:21:39 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problems with Publishing Wizard - Empty Album Name
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 07:33:36 am »

I suggest posting a link and non-admin test user account with upload privileges.

kirkjt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 08:05:38 pm »

http://24.165.193.188/photos

demo:demo

I was able to verify that the demo user also creates a blank album when trying to upload using the web publishing wizard.

kirkjt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 05:12:45 am »

Also, I'm using IIS6 on 2003 server.  Outside of the web publishing wizard, everything seems to be working fine.

I *think* I've fixed the problem.  On the Coppermine URL, I was using my domain name which I use externally, www.initials.com/photos which in real life forwards (via the domain name provider) to initials.homelinux.net/photos. (I'm leaving out the real names to protect from bots -- initials = kirkjt)

When I changed the name from the external name to the dyndns name in the config page, the web publishing wizard works.  When I change back to www.initials.com/photos, it quits working.  I'm not sure if this has something to do with authentication because it appears that the page that executes after the publish (xp_publish.php?cmd=CreateAlbum or something similar) uses the full path including the config file rather than using the relative path.

As I think mentioned on a previous post, I switched from Linux to Win2k3 then immediately upgraded to 1.4.2 and now 1.4.3, so I'm not sure if this is a windows problem or a 1.4.x problem.  I'll be glad to test in any way I can, please let me know.

I would prefer to use the www.initials.com/photos address as the address everybody sees as in e-cards and such, but in reality, that doesn't buy me much, but it did work before.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 06:09:11 am by kirkjt »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 06:21:28 am »

yeah, the coppermine url setting in the config is very important in many places. Don't enter bullshit or redirection stuff there, but the actual url. Marking as solved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.