Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: all images are given some/same intial counter value...  (Read 3623 times)

pinpoint222

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Rawalpindi Website
all images are given some/same intial counter value...
« on: December 13, 2005, 10:25:54 pm »

hi

i converted my website to CPG..

i got over 10000 Videos download..got over 600000  hits to images i hosted..

I see counter reset feature but why there is not Set intial counter value..so one can has some intial value  instead of 0 views.

for over 2000 images it might be hard to set intial count value for each . But atleast one has option to set counter inital value for all the files uploaded to 200, 400, 4000, 3450, instead of 0 views.

set initial counter value..that is what i wanna see in 1.5 CPG...

« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 09:18:22 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: all images are given some/same intial counter value...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 09:17:56 am »

setting the counter to any value is cheating imo, as you actually didn't have the number of views, you're just trying to make users click stuff in the "most viewed" meta album that actually isn't. You're free to edit the views counter using a third-party app like phpMyAdmin, but I disagree in making this feature go into coppermine's core code. Marking as "turned down", as it's a bloat feature imo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.