Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: before the website shuts down  (Read 2864 times)

pinpoint222

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Rawalpindi Website
before the website shuts down
« on: December 13, 2005, 09:55:53 pm »

hi

i read many discussion articles here and on net about the bandwidth. I am not gonna talk about bandwidth stealing and hotlinking. I myself use Hotlinking to prevent bandwidth stealing.

But

Every one pays for the monthly hosting ..everyone has bandwidth FIXED on per month basis.There are many sites now using CPG to host NOT only images but videos, flash files, MMS. Now majority of the time Videos take more bandwidth. Application of bandwidht to each file download is Not practical in real worls as some have 50000 images. But we can apply that to any catergory atleast. Like one can create a RULE which gives the admin to fix a MONTHLY bandwidth to that Category. So once that bandwidth is reached that category is turned off till FIRST of next starts and a Message is displayed that Videos category will be back from first of next month. Meanwhile images  and other categories keep running.

I would like this feature are tick box feature  in add/create/modify category page with maximum monthly allowed bandwidth.Its a simple formula to keep sites running.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.