Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyword List Question  (Read 2902 times)

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
Keyword List Question
« on: December 13, 2005, 05:47:57 pm »

I've assigned keywords to albums, and they work, in the sense that an image using that keyword in another album appears correctly in the keyworded album.

However, when assigning images to albums, the "Insert from list" option for keywords brings up the popup, but the keywords aren't listed. Is something not working right or am I just missing something?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
Re: Keyword List Question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 07:00:06 pm »

I'm updating this because I have found another issue with the keyword list that I don't understand. In the documentation it says:

In 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file. The keyword function reads blank spaces between words as a 'break' and assumes that these words are separate words. If you must use phrases for your keywords, connect them with an underscore or by using the ascii space holder ctrl+Alt+0160 (NOTE: the latter option only works with latin based character sets.)

OK. I have assigned a keyword to an album using the underscore:

five_gaited

If I go to Manage Keywords, there are now two keywords:

five_gaited and five-gaited

If I delete five-gaited in the keyword manager, then I do end up with only five_gaited as the keyword for that album, and the hyphenated version isn't regenerated.

Is this normal behavior? Do you have to edit the keywords like this once you have assigned one to an album if you use the underscore to replace a space?

Since I'm working with a "scratch" album I can test without worrying about how it might affect users, so I deleted that album, created a new one, and assigned
fivegaited
as the keyword. Now there is only one keyword in the list in keyword manager. However, using the link to the keyword list in the upload section still results in no keywords.

Apparently the empty list in the upload section was an issue at one point in development, as I found this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=c31e9292686458d8fad971b227fbe4d5;topic=14589.0 But it looks like this should have been fixed - or was it?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.