Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to allow Unlogged/Anonymous Access after upgrading w/ Fantastico  (Read 27628 times)

atoddiv

• Coppermine newbie

Since the upgrade I can't allow anonymous access to my gallery. Whenever I try to change the option, it defaults back to No again. Any ideas??
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 07:08:33 am by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Unable to allow Unlogged/Anonymous Access
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 09:09:22 am »

link?

atoddiv

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 02:44:33 pm »

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 03:43:07 pm »

You upgraded using fantastico which is known not to work properly. I have run the update script for you and your site should now be working properly. Please do manual updates in the future to avoid such issues.

kalinl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 06:59:39 am »

I also have tge same problem, except I have no way to run a script.(I have access only via Fantastico, I think) Can you help?

http://lozev.com/album

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 07:06:42 am »

For future reference, you "run" a script by going to it in the browser. Like Nibbler, I ran the update script and gallery works fine. Here is the URL I used: http://www.lozev.com/album/update.php No need to run it again.

photovolavue

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Unable to allow Unlogged/Anonymous Access after upgrading w/ Fantastico
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 04:49:57 am »

Hi,

Had the same problem, ran the update.php file and it did fixed some problems, I now can save parameters in configuration menu.  But I checked the "allow Unlogged/Anonymous" to yes and still I can't see albums if not logged.

Is there another step.
Thanks for you help and time  ;D
Pierre

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 07:19:47 am »

This is a sticky thread - don't clutter it with your individual support requests, but start a new support request of your own. Don't force us to lock every sticky thread down!

BIG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 11:04:07 pm »

Ok I am new to all this web stuff,,,,,,, how do you run scripts on the site. I have the same problem with the permissions and I used Fantiso to upgrade. Dang. Please help me without making me feel stupid. www.I-20Riders.com

BIG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 11:11:38 pm »

Sorry forgive me I found it right after the post. Fixed thanks for the help.........

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 10:44:54 am »

leahmariephoto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 01:02:54 am »

I had the same problem! I'm never updating again.
I swtched it over to default and now it doesn't recognize my username and login to change anything!
Quite annoying!

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 01:10:40 am »

No point complaining here, it's a fantastico bug.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 03:11:58 am »

That's why we recommend to do as suggested in our upgrade docs and not use Fantastico.

mizma

• Coppermine newbie
    • art slog about me poet writer actor teacher
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 04:48:24 am »

Well, I'm a newbie and I wanna cry. I have been using Coppermine for a few months now and have been really happy with it and got a message in my fantasticoto to upgrade, so i did, now I have this same problem everyone else has who upgraded with fanastico = anonymous users can't view = you have to register and log in = and when you try to register you get a page of code.

I read that we are supposed to upgrade manually but if it's already done, what am I supposed to?  I like this gallery...

http://www.alisonboston.com/gallery

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 04:55:34 am »

Well, I'm a newbie and I wanna cry. I have been using Coppermine for a few months now and have been really happy with it and got a message in my fantasticoto to upgrade, so i did, now I have this same problem everyone else has who upgraded with fanastico = anonymous users can't view = you have to register and log in = and when you try to register you get a page of code.

I read that we are supposed to upgrade manually but if it's already done, what am I supposed to?  I like this gallery...

http://www.alisonboston.com/gallery

Your source code says 1.4.2, so it doesn't look like you did a manual upgrade to 1.4.3.  What steps have you taken since you performed the Fantastico upgrade?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

mizma

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 05:02:35 am »

I upgraded to 1.4.2 (I guess...) all I did was upgrade by clicking the upgrade link in Fantastico, then when I went to the gallery, I discovered I had to log in to view the images, which i did with no problem - I then set my options in admin so that an anonymous viewer could view - I then tried to view anonymously and could not, and then  tried to register as a new user and got a page of script...pasted here for your reading pleausre

Template error
Failed to find block 'admin_approval'(#(<!-- BEGIN admin_approval -->)(.*?)(<!-- END admin_approval -->)#s) in :

<div align="center">
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
                        <tr>

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_TITLE}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="{CATEGORIES_TITLE}">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="{ALBUMS_TITLE}">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="groupmgr.php" title="{GROUPS_TITLE}">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="usermgr.php" title="{USERS_TITLE}">{USERS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="banning.php" title="{BAN_TITLE}">{BAN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="reviewcom.php" title="{COMMENTS_TITLE}">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- BEGIN log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="db_ecard.php" title="{DB_ECARD_TITLE}">{DB_ECARD_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="picmgr.php" title="{PICTURES_TITLE}">{PICTURES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="searchnew.php" title="{SEARCHNEW_TITLE}">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="util.php" title="{UTIL_TITLE}">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- BEGIN documentation -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}" target="cpg_documentation">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END documentation -->
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>

mizma

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 05:15:56 am »

Oh dear = I went back into to admin and resetthe factory settings and now my template has changed and it won't recognise me.  I am particularily upset because my website is being presented as my online portfolio for an art exhibit that is going on this weekend so I really would like to have this resolved by then.  What did I do wrong? How can I fix it?

mizma

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 05:27:26 am »

I am sorry to keep giving you updates, but i am trying to sort it out. The only problem I have now is that it simply does not acknowledge ever having metme before, (I have no idea where it thinks it got those pictures!) I read something somwhere here about a php file and password...

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 05:36:31 am »

First, please upgrade to the latest version, 1.4.3. You can download it from our site, link above. Instructions to upgrade are in the docs folder. It's hard to help when working with someone else's code and not knowing what they did.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.