Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload issues - don't seem to work with batch or single upload  (Read 5642 times)

djaychela

• Coppermine newbie
Upload issues - don't seem to work with batch or single upload
« on: December 12, 2005, 12:34:51 am »

I've installed 1.4.2 as per the instructions, on my home server running Suse 9.1 Pro, Apache 2.0.49, PHP 4.3.4.  I've got the script up and 'running', but I cannot upload any files successfully - if I try to do so via an HTTP upload, this happens - I click on "upload", select the file, and hit "continue" and then get the "Successful uploads" page, which says that 1 file was uploaded OK.  I then click "continue" to add files to albums, and nothing seems to happen - I seem to be taken back to the same page again.

If I upload files to the server via FTP, and then do "batch add files", I can pick the directory and it then lists all the files in there.  I can pick the gallery I wish to add them to from the drop down menu, and then click 'insert files' then I get the next page which lists the files, and each of them get "click for details or to reload' next to them in the 'result' column.  Clicking there doesn't seem to do anything, and nothing gets added to the gallery I have selected.

I have read a lot of posts on this forum, and many of them just point to "RTFM" or the same FAQ - I (think) I've covered everything in those, and nothing has changed.  All of the appropriate files and directories are CHMODded to 777 (755 doesn't work), and PHP is not running in "safe mode".  I can't see where any error messages are displayed - I just get the debug info.  I have set up a test user account as requested:

location:  http://darrenjones.is-a-geek.com/bdcc/gallery/index.php
username: testuser
password: testuser

Any help would be appreciated - normally I can get things up and running, but this just doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:56:01 pm by kegobeer »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Upload issues - don't seem to work with batch or single upload
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:56:43 am »

Follow the steps in the troubleshooting guide:  http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/uploads/troubleshooting.php
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

djaychela

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 11:35:47 am »

Although I'm using 1.4.2 and the pages look slightly different, I believe that I've done that.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:17:58 pm »

Single file uploads work perfectly.  Enable multiple file uploads for another test.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

djaychela

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 12:21:47 pm »

OK, I'm a bit confused there, but it clearly works.  I've re-enabled the multiple uploads, with 3 boxes.....

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 12:26:19 pm »

Works fine for me.  I uploaded 2 images, and then 3 images.  No problems.  Have you tried this from a different location?  What size images are you trying to upload?

djaychela

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 01:02:23 pm »

I have tried it again, this morning and it works fine with some photos, but not with others.  It doesn't work with a JPG file that is 800kb (less than the max set of 1024) which is 1600x1200 (again, less than the max width set of 2048).  I'm doing it over a wireless network so I can see if there is activity when I do the upload, and there is network activity when I do that which is proportional to the size of the file I'm trying to upload.  It works OK with smaller images, and I just tried changing the main config so that it would re-size any photos that were too large, and it made no difference - I still just get the "1 files has been uploaded" page, and clicking continue doesn't do anything.

Sorry for not testing this thoroughly enough - I did look at the max file setting before posting here, but as it didn't give me a warning, I didn't try a small file.  My bad.

I've uploaded some pictures now - one that was 212kB (1200x900) uploaded OK, but I get the problem again when I try to do it with a similar picture that's 288kb (1300x975) and 312kb (1400x1050).  If I resize it that same picture to 1200x900 (256kB) it uploads and places OK.

Any suggestions on what this might be?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 02:03:04 pm »

It sounds like you're running into memory limitations with GD2.  It takes a huge amount of memory to resize large pixel images.  Remember, Coppermine makes the intermediate and thumbnail images during the upload/batch add process.  You also have to factor in the amount of memory the other processes are using.  If you increase your memory limits in php.ini you may be able to add larger dimension images.

You could also try installing ImageMagick.  It isn't tied to PHP memory usage like GD2.  Google for ImageMagick - you should find plenty of guides on how to install it.

djaychela

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 02:05:38 pm »

OK - I'll give that a go.  Thanks for your help!

I'll re-try the "batch upload" as all the files I'd put on the server were above the 'critical' size, so I'd think that might be the same issue.  Many thanks.

djaychela

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 03:45:10 pm »

Just to close this topic off, I installed ImageMagick, and set the appropriate settings in "Files and Thumbnails advanced settings" (path to IM and set cpg to use ImageMagick instead of GD) and it works a treat - thanks very much for your help, Mr. Beer (or is it Kego).  Great stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.