Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin mode not showing up on Index.php  (Read 9946 times)

Essie

• Coppermine novice
Admin mode not showing up on Index.php
« on: December 11, 2005, 05:35:58 am »

I just upgraded from 1.3.5 to 1.4.2   

My problem is that when I get onto my index.php, even after logging in with my forum username and password, I don't see the Admin Mode at all on the page.  When I tried to go directly onto /admin.php , it keeps saying that I have no access or permission when I am the admin.  I don't know what I did wrong during the upgrading process.  I've read through the forum's Q&A and double checked my web pages and etc.

*I've done according to the manuel like not deleting  /include/config.inc.php file, anycontent.php file and "albums" directoy.
*I've uploaded the updated /lang and admin.php.
*I've uploaded the updated /bridge with the following 3 files: coppermine.inc.php , invisionboard20.inc.php , udb_base.inc.php
*I've made changes to my custom template including .css, template.html and them.php.

On my theme.php, the only codes I used were

Code: [Select]
<?php
define
('THEME_HAS_RATING_GRAPHICS'1);
define('THEME_HAS_FILM_STRIP_GRAPHICS'1);

// HTML template for main menu
$template_sys_menu = <<<EOT
                     {BUTTONS}
EOT;

// HTML template for template sys_menu spacer
$template_sys_menu_spacer =' | ';

// HTML template for title row of the thumbnail view (album title + sort options)
$template_thumb_view_title_row = <<<EOT

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                        <tr>
                                <td width="100%" class="statlink">{ALBUM_NAME}</td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;">{TITLE}</td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;"><span class="statlink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album={AID}&amp;page={PAGE}&amp;sort=ta" title="{SORT_TA}">&nbsp;+&nbsp;</a></span></td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;"><span class="statlink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album={AID}&amp;page={PAGE}&amp;sort=td" title="{SORT_TD}">&nbsp;-&nbsp;</a></span></td>
                                <td>&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;">{NAME}</td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;"><span class="statlink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album={AID}&amp;page={PAGE}&amp;sort=na" title="{SORT_NA}">&nbsp;+&nbsp;</a></span></td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;"><span class="statlink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album={AID}&amp;page={PAGE}&amp;sort=nd" title="{SORT_ND}">&nbsp;-&nbsp;</a></span></td>
                                <td>&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;">{DATE}</td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;"><span class="statlink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album={AID}&amp;page={PAGE}&amp;sort=da" title="{SORT_DA}">&nbsp;+&nbsp;</a></span></td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;"><span class="statlink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album={AID}&amp;page={PAGE}&amp;sort=dd" title="{SORT_DD}">&nbsp;-&nbsp;</a></span></td>
                                <td>&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;">{POSITION}</td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;"><span class="statlink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album={AID}&amp;page={PAGE}&amp;sort=pa" title="{SORT_PA}">&nbsp;+&nbsp;</a></span></td>
                                <td class="sortorder_options" style="font-size: 100%;"><span class="statlink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album={AID}&amp;page={PAGE}&amp;sort=pd" title="{SORT_PD}">&nbsp;-&nbsp;</a></span></td>
                        </tr>
                        </table>

EOT;

?>

I am really stuck here.  All I get once I log in successfully are sub menu links to
Create / order my albums    Modify my albums    My profile    Sort my pictures

I've upgraded Coppermine software so many times and this is the first time I am stumped.
I really need to get this resolved otherwise, I can't access admin.php and pluginmgr.php
Any help would be appreciated.  If you need the link, here's my site: http://intuitive-soul.com/gallery/

Thanx
Essie

« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 05:02:43 am by TranzNDance »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Admin mode not showing up on Index.php
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 08:15:40 am »

Essie,

Are you sure you are logging in with the right password?
Looks to me like you are logging in with a user account rather than an admin acccount.
You may want to try the "I lost my password option."

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 07:48:18 pm »

To be sure that this is not theme-related, temporarily use one of the themes that come with the coppermine package. Make sure you have bridged properly, using the bridge manager. Post a link and non admin test user account.

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 04:06:34 am »

Hi Dennis,
I tried your method but I still get the same problem despite the new password.  There is only one member registered for this script.  So it's a straightforward one.  I could not have mistaken my email address.  So your method don't work on me.

===================
Hi GauGau,
It is not theme related because that was something I suspected at the beginning.  The codes I used on my theme.php were exact copy and pasted from your provided theme.php pages.  I did try registering as new user to see if I would still get the user mode links.  I actually got nothing.  In other words, ther is no  sub menu link to even
Create / order my albums    Modify my albums    My profile    Sort my pictures

I can't access the bridge manager cpanel because the script would only allow me to enter the page through Admin Mode, which is what I can't access.  In fact, I can't access any direct links to:
pluginmgr.php
admin.php
version_check.php

All of these would render me with error msg: "You don't have permission to access this page. "

I checked the sql codes under the gallery_member (I think that's the name I am not on the page any more) and I notice the "bridge" integration is good.  The ID and Usergroup numbers are correct.  So this leads me to wonder if there is something wrong with the {Buttons} in the script..

Could you please tell me which file and sql I should look into to fix the problem?  It's just really bizarre that I get User mode when I am an Admin and get no mode at all as User.  I've re-upgrade the script over and over again with all necessary files FTP.  I still get the problem.  When you go to http://intuitive-soul.com/gallery/update.php , you'll see that there are no flag signs.  ???

Here's my link again if you want to test it for yourself: http://intuitive-soul.com/gallery/
To log in as Admin:
Username: damevenus
Password: q443rcjb

To log in as User:
Username: test
Password: test123

Thanks for helping.  I hope I don't have to reinstall everything instead. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 07:16:11 am »

password changed, sent to you by PM. Never post admin accounts publicly. However, I doubt that this is an actual admin account, imo it's only a user account, that's why you can't access the admin controls. Do as I suggested and upload at least of the standard themes for troubleshooting purposes or we won't be able to help you.

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 08:37:19 am »

Like I keep saying, the themes are fine.  Nothing wrong there 'coz I didn't do anything fancy in them.  If the problem is not in the script, then it's probably the sql databases.  I was hoping you could tell me which sql is the one that controls whether the admin mode is on or not on the member list.  Oh well...

Looks like no one is able to help me on this issue.  I have no choice except to install the new script from scratch.  YIKES!!!  Maybe I'll dump the backup sql after that and see how it goes.  I will keep you posted if things turn out ok later.

Essie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 08:46:20 am »

don't re-install, this probably won't help. Use a tool like phpMyAdmin, browse coppermine's user table and make sure that the user who is suppossed to be admin is in the user_group "1". Why do you insist on not doing as suggested though? Uploading one of the standard themes to your themes folder won't hurt, and we could rule out theme issues. It won't cost you anything or break stuff. This may sound lame, but you can trust me on this: there are often custom-theme related issues that don't look like they are. I'm pretty experienced in supporting coppermine, so I suggest you take my word on this. If you don't do as suggested, I won't be able to support you. Do I have to beg?

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 09:01:21 am »

Essie by PM:
thanks.  that acutally is my admin username.  the one and only.  but the password i gave you was a different one to my invision board v2 password.  i am not sure how you manage to change my password without my email but... oh well... thanks for altering the password for me.  i didn't care too much as the site won't allow me to access admin mode anyway.

no matter what, thanks for changing the password for me.
essie
1) Don't send PMs to devs unless requested or security related.
2) You haven't enabled bridging yet, so this is not the admin account from your bbs, but just a plain user account that just has the same name by accident as your admin user account on your bbs
3) If you use this account data elsewhere on your site for actual admin purposes, you should change the password there asap as well. I mean it, you're very vulnerable if you don't.
4) You seem not to have understood the bridging concept. Re-read the coppermine docs. We'll need to set up an admin account for coppermine first. A coppermine-standalone (un-bridged) admin account. Once this works, you'll be ready for the next step (actually bridging the two apps)

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 09:55:13 am »

THANK YOU so much for telling me the user_group is "1".  The problem was in the user_group.  In my gallery sql, it is "4" instead of "1".  After I  changed it to "1", the Admin Mode is showing up now.  YEAH!!! 

Sorry Joachim.  I don't mean to not have faith or trust in your tech support earlier.  In fact, I did upload those standard themes.  Believe me, I tested those at least with 5 standard themes yesterday afternoon.  That's why I am so sure it's not the theme that's at fault here.

Now my new problem is with bridging.  Once I got into the Admin Tool > Bridge Wizard everything turned ok with the configuration.  I can log in from my forum to access the gallery.  The problem I am running into is the Admin Mode again.  In my Forum sql, my Admin is set at "4".  So when the script recognizes it as being "4", I end up with the User Mode again.  It's the same old problem.  Which sql should I alter to make the Admin work on "4" instead of "1".

I tried altering sql : users and user_groups but still don't work.  I've currently disabled the bridging.
Thanx.
Essie
P.S.  It's 1am my time.  So rest assure this is my last email for tonight.  :P

Essie

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 12:29:13 am »

Hi there,
Just want to let you know I've resolved my own question.  The script is working well.
Thanks for all the support. 

Essie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.