Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems uploading  (Read 5446 times)

Jamie Lee

• Coppermine newbie
Problems uploading
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:34:15 am »

I just upgraded my gallery to 1.4, and I'm having problems when uplpading an image. When I try to upload from my hard drive I'm getting an error telling me that it's "impossible to move", and when I try to upload from a URL it says "cannot create write file."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 04:06:03 am by kegobeer »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Problems uploading
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 02:42:33 am »

Have you gone through this thread yet? 
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.0

Jamie Lee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:49:53 pm »

The document telling me how to enter safe mode... I didn't see anything called "Single file uploads only" under groups in my installation, so I assumed it ment to set the number of upload fields to one. I hope that's right. When it says to try uploading something using http I assume it also means to use the URL upload method instead of from my computer? I tried these but I didn't get any more detailed an error report than I had before...

Looking at the actual post I was linked I saw it said that max_input_time's default value is 60. The debug info on my upload page says -1. I think this might be my problem? I have no idea how to fix it though.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding stupid, I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 03:12:45 am »

Yes, you want to try to upload only one file, either from a file or from a URL (using a link to any picture on the web, for example: http://coppermine-gallery.net/images/cpg.gif).

A max_input_time of -1 means that you have no maximum input time; i.e. when you upload the PHP engine won't timeout - it will keep waiting for the upload script to finish. If you are using a third-party webhost, you won't be able to change max_input_time.  You can only change it if you are running your own webserver or have a dedicated webhost.  In any case, this is probably not your problem.  It would be a problem if max_input_time were 30 seconds and your upload was taking more than 30 seconds.

Please post more information about your problem.  What exactly happens when you try to upload a single file?  There are multiple screens that come up.  What do you see?

The first thing to check (which I hope you have since it's in bold letters and repeated thrice in that troubleshooting thread) is to make sure /ALBUMS, /ALBUMS/USERPICS, and /ALBUMS/EDIT directories are writeable.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 08:43:16 am »

for troubleshooting as per the tutorial, set file uploads to "1" and url uploads to "0", as per docs:
Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")

Jamie Lee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 11:22:57 pm »

I made sure to check and double check those directories. They're all set as writable.

I changed the upload settings, this is the error message I'm now getting:

The file 'albums/userpics/10001/Untitled.png' can't be inserted in the album

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

File: /home/s8164534/public_html/artgallery/db_input.php - Line: 391

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 02:13:33 am »

Search the forum for "Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image."  There's a super sticky thread about it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Jamie Lee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 02:43:36 am »

That worked. Thanks for all your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.