Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More User Info  (Read 10701 times)

melloman

• Coppermine newbie
More User Info
« on: December 16, 2003, 11:14:00 am »

Is it possible to add more fields for user info...
Birthdate, Favorite *, * Color...
i want to give the users the possibility to search other users by their age, or their hair color...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
More User Info
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 11:26:23 am »

at the moment: no!
Maybe you'll want to have a look into bbs integration: most bbs have an in-detail user management with a lot of options (there are also tons of mods for forums to boost the "community-software" aspect of a bbs. If you integrate coppermine with a bbs user management, you can have this (although user info won't be displayed togeter with the pic - visitors will have to click the link pointing to an uploader's user profile to get more information, same applies to searching).
You could try using the custom fields that come with coppermine: they don't show info on a "per-user"-basis, but "per-picture"; your users are nevertheless able to add some info to the pic they uploaded that can also be searched.

GauGau

melloman

• Coppermine newbie
More User Info
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 11:35:35 am »

is it possible to inegrate an existing gallery into a bb ?
i've read someting about integrating in phpBB, but there you have to install the bb first, an after that the gallery...
or is there a way to backup my db, an integrate into a new gallery ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
More User Info
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 11:55:41 am »

you'll lose all "registered users" entries (or have to re-register them at the bbs). There's no automatism available for converting the user table of coppermine to a bbs. The table itself won't be deleted or emptied, just disabled - you can always go back. Backing up your db before is of course recommended before applying any modification.

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
More User Info
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 02:00:24 pm »

You can add more fields for user info, as you can see I have done on my site.
(http://www.langportrd.f2s.com/images/user.jpg)
(http://www.langportrd.f2s.com/images/user2.jpg)
As you can see I've added 2 extra fields.

How to;

1.  add the new fields to your database, using phpMyAdmin.

2.  Edit usermngr.php, register.php and profile.php.  Add the new fields everywhere you find the current fields.

3.  Do the same for every language file you use.

upload, and away you go.  :D

EDIT;  full instructions can be found HERE
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
More User Info
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 10:48:40 pm »

I have now combined the above hack with jasons memberlist hack.  It is possible to create your own extra fields, and to have them shown, and ones you don't want not shown, in the users memberlist.

my user memberlist shows just the user name, registered on, and my 2 extra fields, bike and other clubs.

(http://www.langportrd.f2s.com/images/memberlist.jpg)

although not a true search function, this could meet your needs.  your members would put the details you want in the profile, other logged on members can quickly scroll through the memberlist for the particular detail they want, then click on the link to the full profile and that users pics.

You can also add the 'sort by' function to this page, so if you users wanted to look by hair colour, they could sort by that, and all blondes would be together.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

jason

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
[ot] Re: More User Info
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 04:19:56 am »

Quote from: "casper"
You can also add the 'sort by' function to this page, so if you users wanted to look by hair colour, they could sort by that, and all blondes would be together.

would need two blonde sort routines...true blonde and blonde by choice ;).
jason

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
More User Info
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 09:03:10 pm »

It would be nice if the admin had the ability to choose in config the field names for the optional profile fields(like the pic info fields), and also to add extra required fields.
And also to include these fields in the search function.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.