Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can viewing of full sized images be controlled?  (Read 7479 times)

imrich

• Tester
  • Coppermine regular visitor
Can viewing of full sized images be controlled?
« on: December 10, 2005, 03:32:15 pm »

Is there a way to control who can view full sized images?

I checked the docs and searched but couldn't find anything that seemed related.

I'd like to be able to control who can click on the 'normal_' image to see the full size image.

Control by usergroup would be the best way.

This would allow me to control who can use the bandwidth for display of full size images, etc.

The only thing I could find was to delete the full size images which I'd rather not do.

Thanks for any help!

Rich
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 06:04:11 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

imrich

• Tester
Re: Can viewing of full sized images be controlled?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 01:15:50 pm »

Thank you so much. I didn't find this on my own searching.  This would be a cool plug-in or feature for the next version. I'll have to look into how plug-ins work or how to get features into the core code.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:08:04 pm »

I wrote up a plugin that might be useful to you: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25010.0.

kavuday

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Logbook
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 10:04:28 pm »

I hope that asking another question in response to a 'solved' topic isn't frowned upon, but the thread seems pretty fresh and couldn't justify starting another similar topic.  Anyway, I found the quiick fix (here), but was wondering if there was a way to implement this feature over only certain catagories and/or albums, not just gallery wide.  Thanks.

imrich

• Tester
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 10:13:45 pm »

I hope that asking another question in response to a 'solved' topic isn't frowned upon, but the thread seems pretty fresh and couldn't justify starting another similar topic.  Anyway, I found the quiick fix (here), but was wondering if there was a way to implement this feature over only certain catagories and/or albums, not just gallery wide.  Thanks.

That's exactly what I wanted to be able to do.  Basically set controls per category/album and by user group in the group permissions panel.

If this could be added as a new feature (or fully configurable plug-in, then I'd be very happy (as would you).  For now we have some 'work arounds'.  Paver's plug in is the closest yet. Perhaps he'll enhance it with a control panel of it's own and then we'll have a perfect solution.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 10:31:01 pm »

imrich: You didn't mention control by categories or albums.   ::)

Obviously if you want to be able to reconfigure such a thing easily (without looking up each cid and aid and hardcoding a mod each time), a plugin is the way to go.  If you agree, we should continue this discussion over on the plugin thread.  If you disagree, start up a new thread in the feature requests forum, since you are asking for a new feature; we're no longer in the support realm.

imrich

• Tester
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 10:50:29 pm »

I guess you're right, I didn't say it originally. I suppose since the groups panel can give such access, that I 'assumed' that if one could get this control in groups, then such a permission could be set by album.

I apologize for my lack of clarity, I'm not a CPG guru and am still learning its finer points.

Perhaps we should discuss this in your plug-in thread. I think that would be a great addition to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.