Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't upload photo when using chinese big5  (Read 3634 times)

yeukna

• Coppermine newbie
can't upload photo when using chinese big5
« on: December 08, 2005, 02:32:44 pm »

after bridge the phpbb with the gallery, I found that chinese name member couldn't upload photos to the album, because they can't see the upload file and create album buttons.

and if I use chinese big5 language, all members can't upload photos to the album, so now I use english language.

yeukna

• Coppermine newbie
can't upload photo when using chinese big5
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 02:46:25 pm »

after bridge the phpbb with the cpg gallery, I've found that member who use chinese name couldn't upload photo to the album, because they can't see the upload file and create album buttons,

and because after choose the chinese big5 language, all member can open the create album buttons and can't see the upload file button, so i am now using the english language.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: can't upload photo
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 11:16:08 pm »

make sure you have enabled language fallback in coppermine's config and that you have updated your custom theme (if applicable). Permanent fix would be a user contribution of a real Big5 language file for cpg1.4.x, as we currently only have a cpg1.3.x version.

For actual help on upload issues, do as suggested in the trouble-shooting the upload process section of the docs.

I merged the two threads you started that deal with the very same issue. In the future, please don't double-post.

yeukna

• Coppermine newbie
Re: can't upload photo when using chinese big5
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 09:42:44 pm »

sorry, don't know why I posted this question twice...

After tried 2 different setting in the config, I've found that:

setting 1:
Language: english
Character encoding: chinese traditional big 5
Fallback to English if translated phrase not found?: yes

forum members who use chinese name can login to the gallery, but after login, they can't see the upload file link, and can't see the album that for member only. 
the chinese member name can be shown, the chinese word in the album can be seen, all manage tool show as english.

setting 2:
Language: chinese big 5
Character encoding: chinese traditional big 5

fallback to english.
forum members who use chinese name can login to the gallery, but after login, they can't see the upload file link, and can't see the album that for member only. 
the chinese member name can be shown, the chinese word in the album can be seen, all manage tool show as english.

setting 3:
Language: chinese big 5
Character encoding: Unicode (recommended) (utf-8)

fallback to english.
the chinese member name can not be shown right, the chinese word in the album can not be seen right, all manage tool show as english.

don't know why, now I can't set the language as chinese big 5, but I can before...

My gallery:
www.ramble.com.hk/gallery/
My forum:
www.ramble.com.hk/phpBB2/

Test file:
username: test
password: test

swwad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 05:05:46 pm »

I have the same problem of my CPG 1.49,

First problem is I can't upload chinese name pictures to CPG1.49, it will display 『 x 』in that picture's location.

Second problem is when I use Firefox browser, CPG1.49 will display English language even if I set language is T-Chinese(Big5),but when I use IE6.0 there is no problem.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 07:16:07 pm »

@both posters: do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.