Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order Prints Online  (Read 3133 times)

soldstatic

• Coppermine novice
Order Prints Online
« on: December 07, 2005, 07:58:03 pm »

I know there's a couple of places where you can upload a photo and have people order it online. Is there any way to incorporate this into CPG?? I'd like people to be able to order prints of pictures from my website. I take pictures at parties, give them a card, they go to the site, order prints and then their prints get printed and shipped to them (without me having to do anything). I don't care about making any money off this, I just think it would be a cool thing to have it be all convenient for them...

Ideas anyone??
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 03:40:53 pm by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Order Prints Online
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 09:22:26 pm »

soldstatic

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:25:44 am »

i realize that, i'm saying it would be a cool thing to integrate in the future w/o a mod, but i dont know if there's already mods to do that (if there are i'll have find them [if you wouldnt mind a link to that would be helpful]) but at any rate, just a suggestion. (if its already implemented, or its easy to implement w/ a mod, sorry bout the waste of space on your board...)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 03:40:05 pm »

coppermine is an app that is used world-wide, but the printing services only operate globally. What would be the point of a feature that allows you to order prints from a German print service if you reside in the US, for example? As this depends on regional settings, it's impossible to do. Additionally, the number of available printing services in a coppermine package would mean setting up a bias and name some companies.
Such a feature will definitely not go into coppermine's core, however it would be welcome to be posted as a user contribution, preferably as a plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.