Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The previous file could not be placed etc  (Read 19031 times)

phase

• Coppermine newbie
Re: The previous file could not be placed etc
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 01:08:50 am »

Thanks for the response.

My setup:
Apache: 1.3.34
php: 4.4.1
mysql: 4.0.25-standard

I will set up a test account tonight and post it back to the board. I have a 1.3.2 version that works just fine it only when I upgraded.

Thanks

fade2grey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 08:50:03 am »

Thanks phase, looks like it's not down to something simple like versions of the components we are using.

Coppermine guys - any suggestions? Is this recognised as a bug/someone looking into it?

Cheers,
A

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 10:07:21 am »

@fade2grey: as suggested: it's impossible to tell, with your gallery not being available publicly. Imo it's a server setup issue. Coppermine hasn't been tested on virtual servers.

@all others: please do not reply to this thread - your issue may be different, even though the error message may be similar to the one fade2grey is getting. All replies to this thread that ask for support on similar issues will be split from the thread. Only the original poster fade2grey should reply to it, or people who have answers. Those who have questions should stay out of this thread and do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section.

fade2grey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 10:48:37 am »

@GauGau,  Ok I'll rebuild the server on a physical machine as soon as I have time - I'm 90% certain that it's not down to the virtualisation, something I've done a lot of in a number of environments. But, as you say, it's possible so I'll rule it out.

If you want, I can send you the Virtual Machine so you can run it yourself. Let me know your details\FTP details & we can do that.

Cheers,
A

plcdude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005, 07:38:42 am »

Hi,
I had the exact same problem as you did on W2k3, mysql 5.xx etc.  >:(  I am new to mysql and php but not to programming.  I found that when doing a single upload, Coppermine creates a file in the "album" folder and then writes the data to it.  This requires the iuser to need the rights specified in the documentation.  However, when doing multiple http uploads Coppermine creates temp files in the "edit" folder, transfers the data and when it is through, renames the files (moving them to the "album" folder in the process).  To rename the file(s) the iuser needs "modify" rights also.  Set the modify rights for the albums folder and all sub folders and multiple uploads will work.  If you use frontpage to open the web that you are running Coppermine on, it may reset the modify right for the iuser on these folders which will break the upload function again!  At least it did on my server!  Now that I've got Copermine working correctly I am impressed with it.   :)

fade2grey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 12:32:55 am »

plcdude - yup, I've just fettled the permissions on that folder & hey presto it all worky :) thanks for the PM, much appreciated.

@gaugau - just an FYI, it works fine in a Virtual machine.

plcdude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 04:06:05 am »

The documentation does not say to set the "modify" permission.  See the FAQ at http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/permissions/iis.php.  I figured it out after looking through the code.  Since uploads worked in single file mode, I figured the code worked differently for multiple files (versus looping through the single file code xx number of times).  That is when I discovered that Coppermine renames the files in multiple mode.  Renaming requires the modify permission.
I totally agree with you on the destructions!  Maybe one of the Coppermine guys could update the documentation to include setting the modify permission.  It would make it much easier for others running Windows servers.  I came really close to dumping Coppermine until I figured out the problem.

:)

cheers for that plcdude, I thought I'd applied the permissions from the 'albums' folder down over but obviously not :) ho hum...

It's all working tickey-boo now though which is good, I can finally get on with sticking stupid amounts of photo's online.

Would have been easier if ther destructions were a bit more specific for the windows side of CPG.

A

« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 04:14:11 am by plcdude »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.