Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Config under Admin Mode  (Read 3926 times)

soboyle

• Coppermine novice
No Config under Admin Mode
« on: December 07, 2005, 03:46:55 pm »

Just upgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.4.2, when I log into admin mode I dont have the config button, I do have 2 rows of buttons,
first row, blank box, catagories, albums, groups, users, ban users, review comments. Second row, display ecards, blank box, batch add files, admin tools, my profile, blank box.
Did I miss something during upgrade?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: No Config under Admin Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 05:03:07 pm »

Did you update your custom theme? Are you using a non-English language that has not been upgraded?

soboyle

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 05:48:46 pm »

I'm using the english language only.
As far as the custom theme, I uploaded all new files except the albums directory and include/config.inc.php, so I would have thought all custom settings would have gone away and I could start from scratch, I guess I'm wrong because I still see custom changes I made a few months ago.  Where is the best place to start fixing this? I dont have the original custom theme files anymore.
I don't mind starting with a stock theme again and modifying from there.
cheers
Shaun

cboudier

• Coppermine novice
    • Album-Photos
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 07:40:12 pm »

I also discovered this problem.
This appears to be linked with the use of different language set.
For example, it's good with English (US)* set, 2 buttons are missing with English (UTF-8) (Config & Documentation), and ALL the button are missing with English (British)
See the screen capture attached (Mac & PC version without/with the buttons)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:38:28 pm by cboudier »

jolo

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
    • fotojoler
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 02:57:59 pm »

It only happens for not-upgraded lang files that has old entries. You may solve this problem by setting your native language and check the field 'Display english, when phrase not found' in Config menu. If you dont see Config menu link :) you need to manually change language in database. Go to database (phpmyadmin) and change value in 'lang' record in 'cpgxxx_config' table to 'english'.
Then wait for 1.4.x ready lang file for your language, there is a special topic, where ppl put lang files for 1.4.x Coppermine - ' Coppermine  |  Announcements  |  [Help wanted]: Translations for CPG1.4.x'

greets - jolo
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 03:06:57 pm by jolo »
it's better to regret something you did that something you didn't do
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.