Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There must be a very simple coding error here .........  (Read 4562 times)

dave_d

• Coppermine newbie
There must be a very simple coding error here .........
« on: December 06, 2005, 05:46:30 pm »

I've just installed the latest version (1.4.2) of Gallery for a client, and I've come across the following problem ....

1. Upload some image files into <gallery-root>/albums/uploaded-files  (uploaded-files created by me and given permission 777)
2. Check that all uploaded files are owned by same user:group as <gallery-root> AND they all have permissions 777
3. Using the 'Batch Add Files' function from Gallery Administrator, navigate to 'uploaded-files'.
4. Select all the files and then move them to a gallery.
5. Navigate to the gallery and admire the pictures and the thumbnails.
6. Using the Linux command line, delete all the files in the 'uploaded-files' directory 'cos they're all in the gallery now.
7. Return to the gallery ..... and all the thumbnails have disappeared!!!!!!
8. Check the error logs.   Noticed LOTS of errors of the form ...

[Tue Dec  6 16:04:12 2005] [error] [client 192.168.40.11] File does not exist: <gallery-root>/albums/upload/thumb_<picture-name>.png

9. It looks to me as though there's an error somewhere that's getting the thumbnails produced and displayed as part of the 'batch add' process mixed up with the file transfer process.

.....and the question is ..... Is there a work around to this problem?

Regards,

Dave

« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 08:34:54 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: There must be a very simple coding error here .........
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 06:21:46 pm »

If you delete the files they will disappear - hardly a coding error. Leave them there, Coppermine won't move them around once you have uploaded them by FTP.

dave_d

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 06:50:07 pm »

Ah-ha!  My misunderstanding, it appears!

I read the documentation to mean that the upload directory (directories) were temporary storage areas for files that were to be moved from the upload directory into the galleries.  The actions available (select your files and then move them to a gallery) rather supported my assumption.

It appears that this is a wrong understanding and the upload directories are actually permanent storage areas for files uploaded by FTP.  Is this correct?  I can live with either interpretation - I just need to know which one is correct!!!!

Thanks for the quick response.

DAve

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 07:15:24 pm »

They are there permanently. Whenever you move pics between albums the files stay where they are, just the references in the database are changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.