Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No admins?  (Read 6528 times)

digitalgoddess

• Coppermine newbie
No admins?
« on: December 06, 2005, 08:29:08 am »

I have been searching for a solution for this for hours, and came up with nothing, hopefully someone can help..
I just installed coppermine, newest version.. on a phpbb board, everything seemed to be fine until i bridged it with my forum.. I had to reinstall 3 times to stop the crazy redirects from the login/logout.. anyway.. now. there are no admins no user lists. My question is, and most important, how can i, or is it possible to over ride the permissions to set at least myself as admin, so i can get this worked out, and second i can probably fix the user lists once inside as admin again
shouldnt the admins set at the site be listed as admins here as well, or at least one user name? the name i used when installing doesnt even have admin privledges.. *sigh*
thanks in advance
Melody

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: No admins?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 09:10:41 am »

search before posting, this has been discussed before, there's a fix. Don't post stuff like "latest version" - what seems to be the latest version for you might not be for others ::)
Moving your thread to the board that deals with bridging.

digitalgoddess

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:17:49 pm »

:-\ wow..
sorry im such a IDIOT.. but some of us arnt coppermine pros.
I did search, for quite some time, i at least expected some help, or a link to where i could find how to fix it,
anyway.. the version is 1.4 phpbb 1.18 apache2x.. but i will figure it out, and hope i dont have to write here again

Dark_Angel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 06:32:12 pm »

GauGau
Administrator
Coppermine wizard:

Thank you for such an insightful answer. It is that kind of help that gives sites and programs a bad reputation.

She and I both looked and for one thing ....yes  we found the thread that SUPPOSEDLY was the "fix" however...the things listed to locate in the file it mentioned to look for them in,  were nowhere there to be found.

So therefore we thought to ask your kind community for some help and this is what we get.

It is no wonder people told me that it might be worth looking into but that the service wasn't what it should be.

Try having a bit more patience and print info that helps or at least help direct us (the users) to the one that is right...and check your spelling in the documents provided...the typos... oh well I guess nobody is perfect.

Warbeast

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 07:53:12 pm »

GauGau,
I am the site owner for whom DG was speaking on behalf of as she is my site developer.I came here to help her search for an answer and maybe you don't know this but there are a ton of your snappy little quips to read the manual or search the database first...we had been searching your site for hours and tried several of your fixes which is the only reason DG even posted here as we were well aware of your smartass remarks when people ask for help.All you had to do was post a link to the supposed fix,you didn't have to say a word nor waste your time thinking of your intelligent reply.

Maybe you should just shut down your "Support" forum and just add a knowledge base with the way you always seem to reply to peeps to look for the answer themselves.People like your product and you should respect that if not them with a willingness to at least try to be helpful...or at least use your head since she clearly said she had been looking for the answer on your site for hours and your reply was search for the answer first.

Really?Search for the answer when she says she's been searching for the answer for hours and the fixes she found didn't work...glad we have such an intelligent person to offer support there or else I'd think you were too stupid to "to read the fucking thread" and see she was only asking because she had already been searching and your fixes didn't work.

Thanks...should've asked a monkey at the zoo cause at least you can see the shit they throw at you instead of just smelling its stench like in this case.

Warbeast

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 07:58:12 pm »

PS
For someone who knows so much about programming,your site is as slow as the Earths rotation around the Sun...sure it gets there,but takes an entire year just to get around it one time

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 08:24:21 pm »

Update to the latest udb_base.inc.php and phpbb2018.inc.php from CVS.

Warbeast

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 09:31:24 pm »

Thanks Nibbler,we'll try that and see what happens and sorry for loosing my cool...just I notice a lot of replies go RTFM here and since we did and had been searching the site and trying fixes I was more than a little ticked GauGau replied like he did without reading what was said in the thread.You guys have a great product...I understand time restraints and getting tired of answering the same questions all the time,but when the user clearly states they did as you requested in trying to find the answer on their own~the least the admin could do is post a few links like you did.Even if these don't work,I thank you for understanding and offering some help ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.